fuel pump

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

I have been having a issue on my bike, when I hit the "on button" normally the pump primes, now it doesn't. I have the boomer "upgraded" switch for run/ start/ stop, I have juice getting to the pump 13vlts rather the switch is on or off is this normal? When input power to the pump it engages but when I hook to harness it does not engage, any ideas,? I have looked harness over and it seems ok.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I had a similar problem,pump would not run.I bench tested it,worked fine but at reinstall I found the star washers and connections were rusty,sanded them abit,worked fine.Hope this helps.

exotic rider

#3 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Sep 10 2013, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a similar problem,pump would not run.I bench tested it,worked fine but at reinstall I found the star washers and connections were rusty,sanded them abit,worked fine.Hope this helps.
yeah, when put a aux source of power it engages, but does not prime when I hit the (on) or start button, I have 13 volts coming to the wires feeding the pump rather switch is on or off and I'm not sure I should anyone know?

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ Sep 10 2013, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, when put a aux source of power it engages, but does not prime when I hit the (on) or start button, I have 13 volts coming to the wires feeding the pump rather switch is on or off and I'm not sure I should anyone know?

Anyone got any ideas?

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

quads have a key but when its in the run position the pos. wire on the pump has power, but the pump does not run until you push the start button and then the ECU gives the pump a ground. there are many post here about it and warnings about shorting out the termanails and frying the part of the ecu that controls the fuel pump which makes the pump run all the time.

because of the problems I would be cautious of any test. My ideal was to put an ohm meter between the ground wire and a ground then tap the start button to see if you have continuity but I have no ideal if this would hurt your ecu

exotic rider

#6 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Sep 13 2013, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quads have a key but when its in the run position the pos. wire on the pump has power, but the pump does not run until you push the start button and then the ECU gives the pump a ground. there are many post here about it and warnings about shorting out the termanails and frying the part of the ecu that controls the fuel pump which makes the pump run all the time.

because of the problems I would be cautious of any test. My ideal was to put an ohm meter between the ground wire and a ground then tap the start button to see if you have continuity but I have no ideal if this would hurt your ecu
I read some post today, I am thinking my ecu is fried at least that part, but would really like to have tested rather than just buy new one hoping....

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

I thought if you fried the driver in the ECU doesnt the pump run all the time,sorry I have fogotten.

exotic rider

#8 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Sep 13 2013, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought if you fried the driver in the ECU doesnt the pump run all the time,sorry I have fogotten.

I read some post with guys having my same issue, however I would really like to test it on a known good running machine before I just buy a new one

bigfoot17

#9 Post by bigfoot17 »

What did you do to fix problem?