Installing the Swing Arm adjuster fix

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
omegas

#1 Post by omegas »

So I got Dave's kit for swapping the swing arm adjusters for the larger bolts plus inserts, but the kit comes with two sets of odd washers and I'm at a loss at what they are for. I'm sure it's something stupidly simple but not wanting to screw this up, so seeking some assistance.

promod

#2 Post by promod »

QUOTE (omegas @ Oct 9 2013, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I got Dave's kit for swapping the swing arm adjusters for the larger bolts plus inserts, but the kit comes with two sets of odd washers and I'm at a loss at what they are for. I'm sure it's something stupidly simple but not wanting to screw this up, so seeking some assistance.

The washers are like a lock washer called CamLock washers (there a knurled washer kinda fixed to another knurled washer, a 2-part type deal!), after you install the drive-in threaded inserts, the CamLock washers go against it and you tighten the nuts down on them after you adjust your chain tension!, in other words put the nut on the adjusting bolt, then the CamLock washer and then thread the adjustment bolt, nut, washer assembly into the threaded inserts you drove into your swingarm! wink.gif

omegas

#3 Post by omegas »

So it's not for the installation of the drive nut, it's just a washer for the adjustment bolt/nut. Like I said, I'm sure it was stupid simple, but doesn't hurt to make sure! Thanks again!