X440 Front Brake Rotor

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
dkdoug08

#11 Post by dkdoug08 »

Went with the 260mm. Bought a new BRAKING bracket for $40, found a Galfer floating 260mm wave rotor for $80. I was looking at the rear rotor setup and there's no room to use a bolt with a head. There is maybe 2mm clearance for the countersunk bolts/caliper bracket, but on Mercedes i think, there are counterbore bolts which fix the rotor. They have 8mm threads so I will look at them and do some measuring also.

promod

#12 Post by promod »

QUOTE (dkdoug08 @ Feb 22 2014, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went with the 260mm. Bought a new BRAKING bracket for $40, found a Galfer floating 260mm wave rotor for $80. I was looking at the rear rotor setup and there's no room to use a bolt with a head. There is maybe 2mm clearance for the countersunk bolts/caliper bracket, but on Mercedes i think, there are counterbore bolts which fix the rotor. They have 8mm threads so I will look at them and do some measuring also.

Let me know what you find out on those bolts!, Thanx & Ciao my friend!

dkdoug08

#13 Post by dkdoug08 »

QUOTE (promod @ Feb 22 2014, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me know what you find out on those bolts!, Thanx & Ciao my friend!

This is a 8mm BMW rotor bolt. I will try to find the counterbore measurements from braking if I can.

promod

#14 Post by promod »

QUOTE (dkdoug08 @ Feb 22 2014, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a 8mm BMW rotor bolt. I will try to find the counterbore measurements from braking if I can.

Ok, when you replied on that rotor i miss-read and thought it was a 10mm countersunk bolt, which i thought i would just make a tapered insert with a 8mm bushed step down on it to press into the disc to use the 8mm BMW bolt i thought you were talking about, but then i seen BMW bolt pic you sent and re-read and seen that rotor used a stepped 10mm bolt, then i remembered my Triumph sport touring bike also uses a 8mm stepped flush type bolt on both front disc's like in pic you sent, and a 10mm stepped flush type bolt on the rear disc, so if we can find out the counterbore specs on that disc we might have several bolt options to go with, if the counterbore specs falls right we might be able use a 8mm stepped bolt maybe from either the Triumph or BMW and we could just machine a SS bushing to press fit in 10mm rotor hole to bring it down to 8mm on disc!....i love modding!

dkdoug08

#15 Post by dkdoug08 »

Here is the info BRAKING sent me regarding the rotor/s.

we don???t have a ??220 mm disk with the same mounting section (especially with the same mounting holes) as indicated by the customer;
- we eventually have the HO02RI disk (round disk, the wave version has been discontinued) which is similar to the HO60RID disk with as ??220 mm outer diameter but with the following differences:

1) inner diameter: HO02RI ??122 mm / HO60RID ??121,5 mm
2) mounting holes diameter: HO02RI ??10,5 mm / HO60RID ??6,5 mm
3) type of mounting holes: HO02RI counterbore ??17 mm x 1,5 mm / HO60RID countersank
4) bolt patterns (pitch diameters) are identical: 4 mounting holes, ??140 mm

I take it that it is a 10.5mm hole, counterbored 17mm x 1.5mm deep. (it's a 4.5mm thick rotor)

promod

#16 Post by promod »

QUOTE (dkdoug08 @ Feb 23 2014, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is the info BRAKING sent me regarding the rotor/s.

we don???t have a ??220 mm disk with the same mounting section (especially with the same mounting holes) as indicated by the customer;
- we eventually have the HO02RI disk (round disk, the wave version has been discontinued) which is similar to the HO60RID disk with as ??220 mm outer diameter but with the following differences:

1) inner diameter: HO02RI ??122 mm / HO60RID ??121,5 mm
2) mounting holes diameter: HO02RI ??10,5 mm / HO60RID ??6,5 mm
3) type of mounting holes: HO02RI counterbore ??17 mm x 1,5 mm / HO60RID countersank
4) bolt patterns (pitch diameters) are identical: 4 mounting holes, ??140 mm

I take it that it is a 10.5mm hole, counterbored 17mm x 1.5mm deep. (it's a 4.5mm thick rotor)

Ok dkdoug08, So our rear stock bike rotors are 220mm outside diameter (a fact), 4mm thick (a fact) and with a inside mounting diameter of 120mm (if i measured right!) correct? but seen a typo on there part where you have info they sent on the HO60RID they say the holes are 6.5mm countersunk, but there website states Deburred, But it is the right thickness at 4mm! and available round or waved (of course by part number change) But the major issue on either the HO60RID or HO02RI is going to be the inside diameter of where centers on hub, although both rotors above are close and within a few mm's bigger and will fit over hub flange, if the rotor bolts work loose on either could cause major damage to hub and/or more, but then again any worked loose rotor bolts could cause same results of damage! Seen damage on other guys bikes where they were doing the basic same thing with discs and sprockets not being centered by inside diameter of either to hub by using other than whats made to fit there machines!.....mmmmm!, maybe making a thin centering spacer adapter ring....or taking a chance with proper maintenance of making sure ALL bolts are tight without using one!.....and need to get the specs on the shouldered BMW's bolts and measure my Triumph's bolts!....Might just pick up a cheap used stock rotor of both versions pertaining to models they fit off Ebay just to play with! Just another modding project now to add to the list which i wont be able to get out of my mind and stress over until its all figured out as i never give up!.....see what you done to me now! tongue.gif

And just a couple of my favorite quotes i live by when modding:

???Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently...??? ~ Henry Ford

???It???s been said that science fiction and fantasy are two different things: science fiction: the improbable made possible; fantasy: the impossible made probable?????? ~ Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone

promod

#17 Post by promod »

Anyone ever follow up on or find a replacement rear brake disc (rotor) for the C'Dale bikes in a wave version? I know i didnt! sad.gif , looking at a few of my bikes today made me think about it AGAIN that i never did proceed with my intentions! laugh.gif

exotic rider

#18 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (promod @ Nov 25 2014, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone ever follow up on or find a replacement rear brake disc (rotor) for the C'Dale bikes in a wave version? I know i didnt! sad.gif , looking at a few of my bikes today made me think about it AGAIN that i never did proceed with my intentions! laugh.gif

Not to ask a dumb question but do they cross over to a jap bike? I need a front rotor and would like waved but in stock dimensions.

funmachines

#19 Post by funmachines »

from what I remember cdale wheels were based on yamaha fronts and honda rears. Should make it easy to find some options.
I can't find my copy of the old interchange spreadsheet.
I did something simliar - I had and extra ATK 605 front wheel with a Talon hub that had the larger size rotor and it worked perfectly with one of the brackets from Braking. I had to swap bearings and seals and make some wheel spacers though. Nice beefy hub and rim.