S440 #2 Checking in ....East TN

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
Connor

#1 Post by Connor »

I picked up s440 #2 off of craigslist last year. From what research I have done it was sold new by Moto Britalia (now closed) in Georgia. It had been raced and judging by the scars on the TOP of the front break reservoir it had a spill or two. The plates on it are number 777. The guy I bought it from got it from a guy in SC. Replaced some leaking fuel lines and she started right up.. Seems to run great but actually a bit scared to ride it much since I have no idea if any updates have been done to the motor. PO claimed that it had been updated but no proof...

If anyone knows anything about this bike please enlighten me...or if you are close to East TN and want to go through my motor to update it I would be happy to give you some work..

exotic rider

#2 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Connor @ Mar 6 2014, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I picked up s440 #2 off of craigslist last year. From what research I have done it was sold new by Moto Britalia (now closed) in Georgia. It had been raced and judging by the scars on the TOP of the front break reservoir it had a spill or two. The plates on it are number 777. The guy I bought it from got it from a guy in SC. Replaced some leaking fuel lines and she started right up.. Seems to run great but actually a bit scared to ride it much since I have no idea if any updates have been done to the motor. PO claimed that it had been updated but no proof...

If anyone knows anything about this bike please enlighten me...or if you are close to East TN and want to go through my motor to update it I would be happy to give you some work..

wistech on this forum among others are well versed in dale info/I am not sure if he takes on rebuilds but he is a very nice and HONEST guy that has both helped me and given me advice that was very useful in getting my 2003 x440 up and running solid.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Good find there and since you got it off craigs probably a steal too...

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

For sure that one was not in the Cannondale sponsored orange rotor race because none of the decals match the ones from those bike. Number 2 is sweet. Tell me if you pop the seat off is there a number in paint stick/magic marker written on the bottom of the seat or tank?

Connor

#5 Post by Connor »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 9 2014, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For sure that one was not in the Cannondale sponsored orange rotor race because none of the decals match the ones from those bike. Number 2 is sweet. Tell me if you pop the seat off is there a number in paint stick/magic marker written on the bottom of the seat or tank?

Popped the seat off before work...I don't see any writing on the bottom of the seat or the tank. Have not removed the tank yet..

MaicoMan490

#6 Post by MaicoMan490 »

Searching for Dale SuMo ?
Running or Not ?
Las Vegas, Nv.
LarryStorm503@Gmail.Com