Stock kill switch fix

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
RickC

#1 Post by RickC »

Ok, I know the stock two-part kill switches were defective from the factory, but I happen to like the simplicity of a dedicated ON switch on the right and an OFF switch on the left. What exactly went wrong during the assembly of these switches?
I've read that a simple star washer or stronger spring should fix the issues these parts have. How true is this and can I expect any reliability if I try to 'fix' them? They're working just fine now...

Rick

exotic rider

#2 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (RickC @ Jun 4 2014, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I know the stock two-part kill switches were defective from the factory, but I happen to like the simplicity of a dedicated ON switch on the right and an OFF switch on the left. What exactly went wrong during the assembly of these switches?
I've read that a simple star washer or stronger spring should fix the issues these parts have. How true is this and can I expect any reliability if I try to 'fix' them? They're working just fine now...

Rick
the switches had inter issues that caused random breakdown,I bought boomers all in one switch,,was great deal and looks like oem and plugs in to stock harness-for me iit was about making it back to the truck :-)