Coolant Recovery Tank

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

I just finished creating a coolant recovery tank. The sealant is still drying on the barbed elbow. Then I will add some antifreeze to leak test.

[attachment=13433:coolant_tank__8_.JPG]

BlackToothGrin

#2 Post by BlackToothGrin »

Nice job! Looks good and Cannondale grey too!

exotic rider

#3 Post by exotic rider »

Nice work! Nice to be back on the site!

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ May 16 2015, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice work! Nice to be back on the site!

Good to see you back. Where you been?

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes that looks nice
But Hmmn I wonder about something?... the outlet from any recovery tank must be free to blow off?... with that vent on there, can you freely blow thru the catch tank? I would think that any expel hose from such a low catch tank will have to route up high, and then turn back down to the belly. Even with a coolant catch tank, all systems must still be free to overheat and boil off. In other works, unless that vent is free to allow air movement and/or coolant in both directions, then it won't work right.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

... ok just proved my point here. I just grabbed a fuelcap stubby vent here, held it up vertically and blew into it... it CLOSES as designed, to prevent any filling. Yes remove that thing!!,... and a job well done. wink.gif

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ May 17 2015, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... ok just proved my point here. I just grabbed a fuelcap stubby vent here, held it up vertically and blew into it... it CLOSES as designed, to prevent any filling. Yes remove that thing!!,... and a job well done. wink.gif

Good catch,Dave.
Right after I posted the pictures, I changed that vent cap to a hose that leads up by the fuel tank. High and dry.

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

sweet tks

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Heres how it looks with no coolant leaks . Its pretty easy to fill . Just take the end off the radiator and dip in a can of coolant and suck the coolant in the vent hose.