Plugs

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

Simple question

CR8EK or CR8EIX ?

promod

#2 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Apr 18 2015, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simple question

CR8EK or CR8EIX ?

Personally myself i use and have better luck with CR9EK's!...Just my choice and opinion which that and 50 cents wont even buy you a good cup of coffee! laugh.gif

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

After running about everything I am back to the originals. I agree with Promod. Now please don't ask a question about what oil to use!

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I've had incredibly good luck running the E3 plugs this year, but to each their own.

bigfoot17

#5 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Apr 18 2015, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After running about everything I am back to the originals. I agree with Promod. Now please don't ask a question about what oil to use!

Oil in the spark plug hole? I ain't that dumb.

cannonman

#6 Post by cannonman »

I've ran NOTHIN but CR8EIX plugs and they haven't let me down, but askin what plug is better is like askin what lube is better, to each their own.

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (cannonman @ Apr 18 2015, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've ran NOTHIN but CR8EIX plugs and they haven't let me down, but askin what plug is better is like askin what lube is better, to each their own.

I get that. I was more concerned about Iridium or not. And Is there a real difference. I guess I should have worded things differently.

cannonman

#8 Post by cannonman »

The iridium plug seems to take longer to foul than a standard plug, that's why i prefer the eix plugs.

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannonman @ Apr 19 2015, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The iridium plug seems to take longer to foul than a standard plug, that's why i prefer the eix plugs.

I guess i feel the opposite way on the Iridium plugs and why i use the EK standards and the NGK brand which i find none better, Like KDeal said i also have tried all kinds of brands of plugs in my life of motorcycling, believe it or not actually hand wrote a letter to Nippondenso (ND) plugs way back in early '70's before they were ever imported to the states in my real young days showing interest in there plugs after seeing a import ad in a dirt bike magazine, they sent me a box of 10 for the bike i mentioned and said by the time you use these will have a importer in the USA which they did...still have the letter they wrote me and a few plugs left from that original box, they were and still are great plugs but just always been devoted to NGK, even talked one of my Harley riding buddies into going NGK on his big twin and quit paying those crazy prices for Harley branded spark plugs which are just private labeled Champions which i wouldn't use for a fishing weight if i fished or had ever been fishing before....and he loved them and hadn't had a plug issue since and claimed to notice a increase in power and fuel efficiency ! LOL!

But will be honest had more of the Iridium plugs fouling and failing in 2-strokes (even with proper fuel/oil mix ratio!) and guess that's really where i made my choice on which to use from!

But again just my only opinion on choice which means nothing....and as Cannonman stated which i also believe "what plug is better is like asking what lube is better, to each their own "

Ciao!

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

There is no reason to use an Iridium plug on a Cannondale. It's proven science that copper conducts electricity better than iridium. And in my experience, copper plugs perform better than iridium.

The only positive of using an iridium spark plug is that it will last 3x as long as a copper plug. But in a Cannondale it takes forever to wear out a spark plug anyways and they are easy to change.