Throttle tube

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

Is the throttle tube just a Domino or will anything adapt? I bought new grips and want a new tube.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Domino made it. Not sure of any interchangability. I would speak to Boomer.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

Same Domino made in Italy stock throttle set up (rubber cover, throttle tube, throttle housing hrdw. etc..) used on most all 2T. model KTM's from aprx. '00 up, Aluminum Throttle tubes for them out there also from various big brand names IE: Works Connection, Moose etc.....been using for years! One note is most all KTM cables the throttle cable adjuster (which wasn't slotted) was part of the cable assembly, so you couldn't buy it separately (although other Euro brand bikes IE: Husky, TM use same setup and available separate), but using the stock C'dale adjuster setup is plug-n-play on that issue anyway!....So yeah throttle tubes plastic or Aluminum or other parts no issue at all on availability. wink.gif

Note: According to works connection the Aluminum throttle tubes part number 22-180 i use on the Domino Throttles on my C'Dales fits the KTM 2-strokes 1997-2004 125-200-250-300 and 380 all series models, It also fits the Husqvarna 2002-2003 CR125 model....and also the same as the 1993-2003 Honda CR125R and 250R and 1993-2001 CR500R models!....all plug-n-play....YES! EVEN HONDA...Although they did not come with Domino's they still fit!, So with this info you can go from there on picking out a stock plastic one or picking a aluminum one from any of these brand, year and model bikes, Of course most small or even big towns/cities don't have KTM or Husky dealers but there is always a Honda dealer close by to fix you up fast with a stock Honda plastic one from info on those bikes indicated above.

But of course some items due to model and year age has been discontinued on some aluminum ones, but they are out there!, and also another very cheap route is Motion Pro makes a replacement plastic one for less than $10 Motion Pro Part number 01-0079 which fits models also listed above http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-0079 , or the aluminum one Motion Pro part number 01-1185 http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-1185/ for less than $25.!

But have many new plastic stock take-off's here from ones i replaced with aluminum ones Mr.Foot, so if you cant find and need one!...its yours!

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (promod @ May 25 2015, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same Domino made in Italy stock throttle set up (rubber cover, throttle tube, throttle housing hrdw. etc..) used on most all 2T. model KTM's from aprx. '00 up, Aluminum Throttle tubes for them out there also from various big brand names IE: Works Connection, Moose etc.....been using for years! One note is most all KTM cables the throttle cable adjuster (which wasn't slotted) was part of the cable assembly, so you couldn't buy it separately (although other Euro brand bikes IE: Husky, TM use same setup and available separate), but using the stock C'dale adjuster setup is plug-n-play on that issue anyway!....So yeah throttle tubes plastic or Aluminum or other parts no issue at all on availability. wink.gif

Note: According to works connection the Aluminum throttle tubes part number 22-180 i use on the Domino Throttles on my C'Dales fits the KTM 2-strokes 1997-2004 125-200-250-300 and 380 all series models, It also fits the Husqvarna 2002-2003 CR125 model....and also the same as the 1993-2003 Honda CR125R and 250R and 1993-2001 CR500R models!....all plug-n-play....YES! EVEN HONDA...Although they did not come with Domino's they still fit!, So with this info you can go from there on picking out a stock plastic one or picking a aluminum one from any of these brand, year and model bikes, Of course most small or even big towns/cities don't have KTM or Husky dealers but there is always a Honda dealer close by to fix you up fast with a stock Honda plastic one from info on those bikes indicated above.

But of course some items due to model and year age has been discontinued on some aluminum ones, but they are out there!, and also another very cheap route is Motion Pro makes a replacement plastic one for less than $10 Motion Pro Part number 01-0079 which fits models also listed above http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-0079 , or the aluminum one Motion Pro part number 01-1185 http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-1185/ for less than $25.!

But have many new plastic stock take-off's here from ones i replaced with aluminum ones Mr.Foot, so if you cant find and need one!...its yours!

I just got my new grips and was checking the stock Domino. The tube is white and does look like a 2 stroke tube. I read that a black tube is more desirable. Promod, do you know if the Motion Pro replacement would qualify as the slow action? Seeing how it is made for a Honda, I would think not.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

New stock tube $8 fyi

bigfoot17

#6 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ May 30 2015, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New stock tube $8 fyi

Black or white?

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Natural white one by Domino..the cdale OEM one.. not more than $8 but not sure $... I get back to my computer tmmrw..

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ May 30 2015, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Natural white one by Domino..the cdale OEM one.. not more than $8 but not sure $... I get back to my computer tmmrw..

Dave;
When you get a chance,measure the length of the tube where the grip mounts. My new grips are 5", for my huge hands.
I had read somewhere that the black Domino tube was better for trail riding. it had a slower reaction.

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ May 30 2015, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got my new grips and was checking the stock Domino. The tube is white and does look like a 2 stroke tube. I read that a black tube is more desirable. Promod, do you know if the Motion Pro replacement would qualify as the slow action? Seeing how it is made for a Honda, I would think not.

Mr. Foot,

IMPORTANT AND PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying to take away any business from Boomer on this info in no way....as I and we need and depend on him in a lot of ways and for a lot of things and his grey matter!, But im just answering a question but also giving alternative parts interchange information for future use!

Both the black tube and stock C'Dale white tube is both 110mm long from part grip butts up to...to end of throttle tube, Just because if you read other websites etc..which might be confusing of a throttle being 2-stroke or 4-stroke don't mean a lot on some models, most new and some older 4-strokes use duel cables (push & pull or duel carbs) which is why there diff on some 4-strokes, our stock Domino C'Dales are stamped and noted on them being 4-stroke....but with a single cable setup...and with a MX ratio!

I personally use KTM Domino throttle assemblies from 2-stroke single cable with aftermarket billet throttle tubes in them as i noted before although might have to revise some info on this topic, as i could buy the complete assemblies cheaper at dealer price from KTM than i could at C'Dale dealer price back in the day when i was a dealer for both brands!, and note both are what is normally called 1/4 turn throttle assemblies...although it is the cable ramp on the tube that changes the pull ratio, pulleys in housing and of course we have a rotating cam type bellcrank for throttle body instead of carb type slide, but of course also a throttle will only turn as far as the carb slide or our system lets it, as the throttle tube stop never hits the housing because of this and turn a throttle to the max! and the KTM throttles are not a on or off throttle like your talking about for MX use like on the C'Dales and there more woods trail riding friendly with a slower progressive pull!

I have several brand new black throttle tubes that came out of new KTM throttle assemblies where i went billet tube, BUT...I really never tried one in a stock C'Dale throttle housing, i will do that asap and let you know, and if it will work in the stock housing and you want a black one to play with just let me know and i will send you one, as i do think IMHO they will work in them...but maybe with just slight modification!

Will let you know my friend! Ciao! wink.gif

bigfoot17

#10 Post by bigfoot17 »

Very helpful info. My new grips are 5 inches long. I was hoping to get a tube that was close to that.
Let me know what you have available.