SKF seals!

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
ScramblerXLE

#1 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Hey guys,

SKF seals have always been my go-to for a high quality fork seal. I've tried a couple of other options and I think I'm back to the SKF ones for good. I've recently rebuilt my Ohlins forks with them and haven't had any leaks yet. (I'll update this thread if that changes) The seal kit I bought was from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and was for a 2003 Honda CR125. ($65.99 for 2 new seals and 2 new dust seals) You do have to be a little careful mounting them as the inner lip of the fork seal sticks out (towards the axle) so be sure to drive them all the way in by using something to push the outer part of the seal down. I split my seal driver in half and carefully worked it down around the inner seal lip so that there was no chance of it pushing on it and pushed the seal firmly into place, NO slide-hammering. This also means that the outer sealing surface isn't as tall as the stock one, so the snap ring won't really hold it in place, but it shouldn't be moving around in there anyway as it's a pretty tight fit. So far, I've had no issues. The snap ring will retain it if need be I would suspect, but it really shouldn't move. The dust seal was also a bit of a pain to get in, but take your time and it will fit. It's just a very tight fit.

Below is a link to what I bought and a a picture of how it looks compared to the stock fork seal. (Note the position of the backup ring.) I'm every bit as happy with them as I have been on my KTMs in the past!

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1049/-...-Seal-Kit?v=495

funmachines

#2 Post by funmachines »

My seals just failed so I'll give these a try. I buy a lot of stuff from Rocky Mtn.
Thanks

ScramblerXLE

#3 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Good deal. Let us know how they work for you. I only have a couple of hours on mine, but figured I'd post up that they fit. They've been very good to me in the past on my KTMs.