Galfer 270mm front rotor

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
ScramblerXLE

#1 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Hey guys,

For those who are looking for a little more front brake performance on our admittedly heavy Cannondale dirt bikes, Galfer has a direct-bolt solution. It???s a 270mm (stock is 240mm) floating wave rotor for a YZ400 (part number DF301FLS) and the caliper bracket is a very nice billet piece for an early CRF450 (part number SP003). Here are a couple of pics:

DF301FLS vs our stock front rotor

Installed on the bike

I haven???t ridden them back to back yet, but I???d say the braking performance is VERY comparable to my 2013 KTM 250 XC which came with a 260 mm rotor and I???ve upgraded it to a floating rotor as well, but left it stock sized. Single-finger braking for tight, technical work should be very easy now. And it???s GORGEOUS! I know Braking made some components as well, but figured I???d post up that I had found another option! Working on IMS footpegs next, I???ll let everyone know what I come up with!

serow6

#2 Post by serow6 »

I know this was posted some time ago, but did you also use Galfer pads along with your other mods? Thinking I want to perform this upgrade on my bike and this looks to be a better option then the Galfer wave disk on their website.

QUOTE (ScramblerXLE @ May 4 2016, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

For those who are looking for a little more front brake performance on our admittedly heavy Cannondale dirt bikes, Galfer has a direct-bolt solution. It???s a 270mm (stock is 240mm) floating wave rotor for a YZ400 (part number DF301FLS) and the caliper bracket is a very nice billet piece for an early CRF450 (part number SP003). Here are a couple of pics:

DF301FLS vs our stock front rotor

Installed on the bike

I haven???t ridden them back to back yet, but I???d say the braking performance is VERY comparable to my 2013 KTM 250 XC which came with a 260 mm rotor and I???ve upgraded it to a floating rotor as well, but left it stock sized. Single-finger braking for tight, technical work should be very easy now. And it???s GORGEOUS! I know Braking made some components as well, but figured I???d post up that I had found another option! Working on IMS footpegs next, I???ll let everyone know what I come up with!