Cannondale irony

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

Just went to remove my Jackson County Wisconsin riding permit and noticed the irony or luck of the number they gave me.
[attachment=13992:20171216_123157.jpg]

promod

#2 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Dec 19 2017, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just went to remove my Jackson County Wisconsin riding permit and noticed the irony or luck of the number they gave me.
[attachment=13992:20171216_123157.jpg]

That's pretty cool Mr. Foot!!

Do you have to register and pay taxes at the court house on your off-road bikes in Ill.?, I see that's for Wisconsin, But in Ill. is there a permit you have to buy to ride Off-Road? And to be used to ride off-road at just one OHV place or any OHV area in Ill.?

Off that topic but kinda sorta, For some reason the #44 has always been a lucky number for Me, And it is and always has been my special race number, But it is unreal as over 40% of the bikes I own have number 44 (Or two 4's) in the VIN somewhere regardless of the brands I collect!...Coincidence or just fate?...To Me just strange and weird! wacko.gif

Ciao my Brother! Mike

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

Mike,
I am pretty sure Illinois has some sort of off road program, but it is not well organized. One place we ride says they require an Illinois sticker, but when you get there , they only charge you their daily fee.
Wisconsin has a rigid ATV program. There DNR has no sense of humor if you wander off the marked trail by accident. And are very strict on sound levels.
For bikes, some counties require you buy a sticker/permit that lasts a year. This sticker is from Jackson County and we ride in Black River Falls,Wi.
Also ride in Clark county, but they require only a day pass. No sticker. Just pay by the honor system at the trail head.

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Dec 20 2017, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike,
I am pretty sure Illinois has some sort of off road program, but it is not well organized. One place we ride says they require an Illinois sticker, but when you get there , they only charge you their daily fee.
Wisconsin has a rigid ATV program. There DNR has no sense of humor if you wander off the marked trail by accident. And are very strict on sound levels.
For bikes, some counties require you buy a sticker/permit that lasts a year. This sticker is from Jackson County and we ride in Black River Falls,Wi.
Also ride in Clark county, but they require only a day pass. No sticker. Just pay by the honor system at the trail head.

Thanx for the info Mr. Foot!

Use to ride all the time in Shawnee forest in southern IL just across the river from Me way back in the day...and it was a great riding area!, No fees ..No permit!...But now if you get caught riding there...Instant fine and confiscate your Bike!

Closest OHV area to me now (about 45 minutes to get there!) is in LBL (land between the lakes) called Turkey Bay, Its Very technical, tight, rocky, rooty...Etc.,...But fun and does have some easy trails!...But Love the technical stuff! Been riding (and camping) there for almost 50 years and know it like the back of my hand!

You can buy a 3 day pass (consecutive 3 days!) or a year pass per bike, But with so many bikes I have worked it out with them having a good friend who over sees it lets me buy my year pass and use it on any bike I bring...which is usually 3, So I can just swap it from bike to bike!, Don't mind the fees for riding there at all though as they put the money back into the place to maintain the trails, have running water, Ice, very well maintained and CLEAN porta potties and nice camp grounds etc...!

Only thing I hate and my pet peeve about it is all the UTV's and Side by Sides that have dominated it there with no respect for the bike or ATV riders!, As they stop in the middle of the trails and break out the beer coolers and party!...I like to party myself sometimes...But there is a time and place for it and do it like when I get back to the camp site at night and done riding for the day!...And they could at least pull off the trails if they want to do that as sometimes they stop in the trails in blind spots and there has been many accidents there because they do that!

Ciao my Brother!, Mike

vickie0523

#5 Post by vickie0523 »

I don't ride two wheel dales but I couldn't help but notice your last paragraph pro mod. ive said for a few yrs now that the sxs are the ruination of riding.(as was known to me) nowadays all the riding at any place you go is trails done by a dozer. wide and kinda boring to make sure the sxs can fit. I miss the days of technical woods courses . that's why my house property is done all with a chainsaw and hard work. it seems that now its all a motor competition anywhere u go instead of rider ability. I have a few riding areas very close to me and I always try to go through the week because of the issues you mentioned about the behavior of the sxs crews. during the week I'm usually by myself with nobody else riding there. I can understand with the sport market in the dumps and everyone buying sxs now why riding areas do what they do but it still sucks for us guys who like to have a bit of a challenge where some skill is required. just thought id throw my 2 cents in on the topic!

bigfoot17

#6 Post by bigfoot17 »

Mike G.
You are so right. When I first started riding there was nothing but bike's.
I prefer twisty single track. Almost impossible to find. And when you do find some, they are too far away or tailored for extreme enduro.

promod

#7 Post by promod »

QUOTE (vickie0523 @ Dec 22 2017, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't ride two wheel dales but I couldn't help but notice your last paragraph pro mod. ive said for a few yrs now that the sxs are the ruination of riding.(as was known to me) nowadays all the riding at any place you go is trails done by a dozer. wide and kinda boring to make sure the sxs can fit. I miss the days of technical woods courses . that's why my house property is done all with a chainsaw and hard work. it seems that now its all a motor competition anywhere u go instead of rider ability. I have a few riding areas very close to me and I always try to go through the week because of the issues you mentioned about the behavior of the sxs crews. during the week I'm usually by myself with nobody else riding there. I can understand with the sport market in the dumps and everyone buying sxs now why riding areas do what they do but it still sucks for us guys who like to have a bit of a challenge where some skill is required. just thought id throw my 2 cents in on the topic!

Mike,

I agree completely with what you are saying about the SXS's (And to Me including UTV's, Off-Road home made buggies and even some jeeps!) are destroying our riding areas and causing a lot of them to shut down!...And all the Tree Huggers are worried about us Bikers (or ATV riders) destroying nature!

But was talking to a good Friend the other day when He dropped by whom is a road rep for Parts Unlimited (Largest PowerSports distributer worldwide!), And He also was telling Me that the ATV aftermarket parts and accessories end has pretty well died for them and there numbers are way down on selling them, As His big sales numbers now for accessories or aftermarket parts are for the SXS's that everyone is buying...And that market is growing fast!

And Me going to the local PowerSports Shops all you see is SXS's anymore, as even Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki and the rest of the big manufacturers are showing on there year end reports that ATV sales are way down and SXS's way up in sales!

But any 4 wheeled machines are just not for me at all, As just been a 2-wheeled guy all my life and will probably die riding on 2-wheels!, ...And also being a Street rider I am seeing more and more trikes (Another growing fast market!) in all there variations on the road! ...And also what makes Me upset is that now you can get you Motorcycle license (Here anyway....But not sure in all states!) by taking the MC test on Trikes!...To Me just not fair as I don't consider a Trike a MC!...Again IMHO Only!

...But to each His own on what you want to buy and enjoy as that's why there is so many choices on things in this world!

And also look at the stats on injuries and deaths on Off-Road 4 wheeled machines (and I'm going to include Street Trikes as I have unfortunately seen many fatalities on them!) are growing compared to 2-wheels is Unreal!, And the reason for that IMHO Only (and with no disrespect to anyone that owns them!) is that anyone can ride a machine that has 4 wheels (And I'm again going to include Street Trikes!) if you can start it and go!...ie: young kids, people that has never ridden in there life, etc...And that's because not everyone can ride a 2-wheeled Motorcycle as far as starting, balance, controlling etc...Again IMHO Only which means nothing!

I am hoping someday I can make it up your way to meet you and ride!...But I will be on 2-wheels! LOL!

Ciao my Friend!, Mike W. in KY

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (promod @ Dec 28 2017, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike,

I agree completely with what you are saying about the SXS's (And to Me including UTV's, Off-Road home made buggies and even some jeeps!) are destroying our riding areas and causing a lot of them to shut down!...And all the Tree Huggers are worried about us Bikers (or ATV riders) destroying nature!

But was talking to a good Friend the other day when He dropped by whom is a road rep for Parts Unlimited (Largest PowerSports distributer worldwide!), And He also was telling Me that the ATV aftermarket parts and accessories end has pretty well died for them and there numbers are way down on selling them, As His big sales numbers now for accessories or aftermarket parts are for the SXS's that everyone is buying...And that market is growing fast!

And Me going to the local PowerSports Shops all you see is SXS's anymore, as even Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki and the rest of the big manufacturers are showing on there year end reports that ATV sales are way down and SXS's way up in sales!

But any 4 wheeled machines are just not for me at all, As just been a 2-wheeled guy all my life and will probably die riding on 2-wheels!, ...And also being a Street rider I am seeing more and more trikes (Another growing fast market!) in all there variations on the road! ...And also what makes Me upset is that now you can get you Motorcycle license (Here anyway....But not sure in all states!) by taking the MC test on Trikes!...To Me just not fair as I don't consider a Trike a MC!...Again IMHO Only!

...But to each His own on what you want to buy and enjoy as that's why there is so many choices on things in this world!

And also look at the stats on injuries and deaths on Off-Road 4 wheeled machines (and I'm going to include Street Trikes as I have unfortunately seen many fatalities on them!) are growing compared to 2-wheels is Unreal!, And the reason for that IMHO Only (and with no disrespect to anyone that owns them!) is that anyone can ride a machine that has 4 wheels (And I'm again going to include Street Trikes!) if you can start it and go!...ie: young kids, people that has never ridden in there life, etc...And that's because not everyone can ride a 2-wheeled Motorcycle as far as starting, balance, controlling etc...Again IMHO Only which means nothing!

I am hoping someday I can make it up your way to meet you and ride!...But I will be on 2-wheels! LOL!

Ciao my Friend!, Mike W. in KY

Maybe we need to all plan a trek to Turkey Bay. We could finally meet Promod and spend a few days riding. It's been a long time since I've ridden there. Back when it was free.

vickie0523

#9 Post by vickie0523 »

Any time pro mod.....I usually have a flexible schedule and ride a lot from april-dec. dunnbandit from the site here usually rides his cdale dirtbike here 90% of the time with me on the quad. bikes are welcome. in response to your comment on anyone can ride 4 wheels I agree that's why a lot of people get hurt because of lack of skill and experience. a ton of people around me get hurt every yr on sxs too. mostly because they are idiots and don't wear helmets or belts and do a lot of hard road riding.but I have a saying too.....I wont " ride" anything that cant stand up on its own....and that goes for a lot of things! laugh.gif

promod

#10 Post by promod »

QUOTE (vickie0523 @ Dec 28 2017, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any time pro mod.....I usually have a flexible schedule and ride a lot from april-dec. dunnbandit from the site here usually rides his cdale dirtbike here 90% of the time with me on the quad. bikes are welcome. in response to your comment on anyone can ride 4 wheels I agree that's why a lot of people get hurt because of lack of skill and experience. a ton of people around me get hurt every yr on sxs too. mostly because they are idiots and don't wear helmets or belts and do a lot of hard road riding.but I have a saying too.....I wont " ride" anything that cant stand up on its own....and that goes for a lot of things! laugh.gif

Thanks for the invite!...May take you up on that sometime!

Yes on as you stated why so many people get hurt on 4 wheels is basically stupidity, idiots with no skill!, Plus not wearing proper protective gear!...I never ride without my proper protective gear, helmet etc...Not saying its going to save me from injury...As many times hasn't from Me getting broken bones, dislocated shoulders etc.....But does increase the odds of me not!

But as I stated I mean no disrespect to anyone that rides on 4-wheels as to each is own and why there is so many choices to make you happy and enjoy what you ride!, Just that I came up on 2-wheels, And the very, very few times I have rode a ATV I was and am way out of my skill league and that makes Me uncomfortable on riding them which in turn can get you hurt!...And not saying Dirt Bike cant as they can for the same reasons like on 4-wheels...idiots with no skill!

But love the quote you made "I wont " ride" anything that cant stand up on its own....and that goes for a lot of things!" ....Think I know what your referring to!... wink.gif

Ciao my Friend! MW