Old girl number 2

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
eatcrpoopyz

#1 Post by eatcrpoopyz »

Got a GREAT DEAL on an 03 E440, bone stocker with under 10 hours on her. I had to drive alot to pick her up but I think it was worth it.
Made a quick stop at Boomers garage in Buckeye on the way to pick up a big ol box of updates, now just gotta dump it out and start swappin
stuff out.
This bike has a Marchozzi front end, first one Ive seen with those forks. Anybody else have these or were they added?

The bike is obviously an early 03 the vin is #2 so thats kinda cool. This thing even has the original tires and grips on it, along with the junk

valve cover and impeller, not sure about corrosion yet, gotta break er down and see.

Gotta get started, wish me luck and stay tuned.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

You never know what you might find . It could be a gem.

eatcrpoopyz

#3 Post by eatcrpoopyz »

Well,
after throwing all the new stuff at er, loading a converted ATK X440 map, and adding a new Lithium Ion battery....ITS ALIVE!
Really runs good too. Found a little evidence of corrosion but not real bad. No crank shavings, still had original oil in it.

Updated fuel lines and added the boomer intake, filled er up with evans waterless. Starts easy, idles perfect, real snappy on the throttle.

Im think im gonna do the Mecum auction thing with this one, could be worth a little something.

polyesterpig

#4 Post by polyesterpig »

The shiver forks were on the budget priced 2003 E440. The only difference between the 2003 E440 and the higher spec E440R was the lower cost Shiver forks, non-oversize handle bars with the Cannondale crossbar pad, yellow trim seat and graphics (the E440R had red), and minus the silver hand guards.

Same everything else. I personally prefer the 2003 models due to the improvements over the prior years. On some of the later 2003 bikes you will find weird things due to the financial state of the company. Examples - earlier fx cams, quad clutch baskets, oil sight glasses missing on the frame spars (they put in aluminum plugs).

Mecum would be a great place to auction the bike. If past results are a prediction of future results!