Starting my bike after sitting 7 years

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
polyesterpig

#1 Post by polyesterpig »

Pulled one of my bikes out of mothballs. Last time I started it was in 2012. As suspected, a new lithium battery just wasn't enough. Replaced all the fuel lines and fuel filter. Installed some jiffytite fuel quick disconnects. Sent the injectors out for a cleaning, cleaned the fuel tank out and installed a new in-tank fuel line. Cleaned out the fuel regulator, replaced the rotting rubber velocity stack, drained and cleaned radiator. Cleaned out the water pump housing and coolant blend hole. installed a new lithium battery. Crossed my fingers and she fired right up. This is my converted supermoto. Forgot how fun they are on the street. Next an oil change and brake fluid change.

The bike has the euro lighting harness on it. Boy what a wire mess. Has more wires than a New Dehli back alley telephone pole! Need to figure out how to clean it up and make it look better.

funmachines

#2 Post by funmachines »

Cool to hear it's back alive. Inspires me to go ride mine this weekend - but mine has only been about 4 months.

polyesterpig

#3 Post by polyesterpig »

I still have to hook up the fan. Have all the parts installed on an extra radiator, just need to figure out the best way to tap into the ecu/harness.

funmachines

#4 Post by funmachines »

It's been a while but I remember I had to find the right connector pin by looking at the ATV harness and add it to the motorcycle harness that comes off the computer. I think I kept some notes if you want me to look it up. You probably have some old extra harnesses you can use for a pin and pigtail but if not let me know - I have some and can pull out a pin and wire and send it to you.

Brian

polyesterpig

#5 Post by polyesterpig »

Brian that would???ve great! I actually don???t have a spare harness, so that would???ve great. If you have enough for 3 bikes I would appreciate it. I can send you a 3D printed rubber motorcycle velocity stack and rivets for your troubles. Every stock one I had was rotting. I noticed my bike running lean and crappy. I will pm my info. Thanks again

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

[attachment=14056:S1000.jpg][attachment=14058:S1000_MC.jpg]

polyesterpig

#7 Post by polyesterpig »

Ken as usual thanks