Starting bike #2 after sitting 7 years

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
polyesterpig

#1 Post by polyesterpig »

With the CCP virus keeping me home. I decided to get one of my other E440s going again after sitting 7 years. I remember putting in Honda gas treatment in the tank on this one. Battery was dead so I installed a lithium battery. Replaced fuel. Didn???t even bother replacing the fuel filter. Added some air to the tires. A couple hits of the starter and she fired right up. Rode it around town with a smile! Tomorrow I will Change all the fluids.

This is the bike I installed gapless rings on a stock piston. She still smokes a little at stop lights.

TIP: don???t use gapless rings on a nikasil sleeve.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (polyesterpig @ Apr 4 2020, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the CCP virus keeping me home. I decided to get one of my other E440s going again after sitting 7 years. I remember putting in Honda gas treatment in the tank on this one. Battery was dead so I installed a lithium battery. Replaced fuel. Didn???t even bother replacing the fuel filter. Added some air to the tires. A couple hits of the starter and she fired right up. Rode it around town with a smile! Tomorrow I will Change all the fluids.

This is the bike I installed gapless rings on a stock piston. She still smokes a little at stop lights.

TIP: don???t use gapless rings on a nikasil sleeve.

NOW you tell me! LOL

polyesterpig

#3 Post by polyesterpig »

Well after riding the bike around, the next day I decided to clean the air filter. The dreaded rubber velocity stack on the air box rotted out and came apart. Luckily I had a spare 3D printed one on hand! Back up and running.