need help

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
micaroni

need help

#1 Post by micaroni »

i have a 02 cannibal that started acting up after my last trip . i started out down my street and the quad dies . i sit there till battery is dead tring to start it . i put new battery in it , new plug , fuel filter and it will idle but will die on its own and will also die if the gas is hit. will only idle for short period of time . i am trying to find someone close to me to work on it or someone who may have had a similiar probblem? thanks mike

Sand_Blaster

#2 Post by Sand_Blaster »

This is a long shot for me.
but my guess it could need a throttle recalibration. My dads bike is doing the same thing as yours, only his is shooting flames.

Do you have a D&m kit?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Also check your quick disconnects.

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

check and replace your spark plug, did the trick for me once even though it was probably just a bad connection that I re-did.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Quick connects and tank screen.

atkryder

#6 Post by atkryder »

where do you live my brothers and i would be glad to help you out

duwax

#7 Post by duwax »

Well great minds think alike my chum. These fine American colleagues have offered a plethora of informatioin I might add. Actually, Matilda and I also experienced a spot of bother on the Savannah with a similar problem. We discovered that these little rubber o-rings Matilda likes to refer as doughnuts on the fuel tank delivery fixtures , had perished somewhat, and with all the bumping over the hardened elephant feaces, her Cannondale quad bike machine also ceased to operate on a few occasions. But thanks to these fine contributors on this Forum, Matilda and I were shortly up and running and chasing the daylights out of the Gemsboks who are so darned fast you know. And darnit, they can corner far quicker than we can. I will consider replacing the tyes when I next vist mater and pater in the United Kingdom this month.

Well cheerio for now, and do check your steering rod bearings regularly. Exposed to dirt....Ugghh, too disgusting to contemplate now, what!

Best regards,

Brendal.

micaroni

#8 Post by micaroni »

QUOTE (atkryder @ Jan 26 2006, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where do you live my brothers and i would be glad to help you out

i am sorry that it took this long to respond but i live in columbia , mo 65202 . if i had to travel a ways i would just to learn?

micaroni

#9 Post by micaroni »

QUOTE (micaroni @ Aug 19 2006, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am sorry that it took this long to respond but i live in columbia , mo 65202 . if i had to travel a ways i would just to learn?

i have to say that as of today this quad is a running machine thanks to jacobw and dave muller. i apreciate all of your comments ! it was an injector that rattled or got pulled just enough so everyone check your injector connectors !

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

we had injector a open fualt I had to put the throttle body boot and airbox on and I loaded the blaze map into it and I kept uping and uping the idle to try to get it to stay idling but I couldnt get it to run long enough to set the idle then I checked the fualts "injector a open fualt" boom I checked one injector it was fine and then the other I pushed on it a little and it clicked then she fired right up and purred like a kitten and she ripped to, and I must say this was a sharp dale, I did worked on 2 dales on saturday and got em both running good sucess in my book. WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! biggrin.gif