air box

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
wright

#1 Post by wright »

can anyone tell me what kind of hose goes to the bottom of air box thats next to the round green thing in the bottom, or were it goes to or what it dose? trying to put my stock box back on bike and can't fig. it out sad.gif

Thanks

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (wright @ Jul 25 2006, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can anyone tell me what kind of hose goes to the bottom of air box thats next to the round green thing in the bottom, or were it goes to or what it dose? trying to put my stock box back on bike and can't fig. it out sad.gif

Thanks

If you are talking about the small brass fitting on the bottom of the airbox with the small hose hooked toit, than yes. It goes to a vacuum "T" fitting right above the right side of the radiator. The other hoses hooked to it should be one from the ECU to the "T" and another one going from the 'T" to the fuel regulator. Find the hose on one of those and it should lead you to the "T". But, someone would have had to block off the port with something or they ran a hose straight from the ECU to the fuel regulator. FYI: On later models the "T" is a 4-way cross with another hose going to the top of the engine side cover on the left side behind the frame. (It can be easily seen with the airbox off and looking for everything I am describing). Give Speed2424 a call, he can hook you up with new better hoses and the "T" or 4-way fitting, if you need it.

wright

#3 Post by wright »

OK, I HAVE THE HOSE FROM COMPUTER TO FUEL REGULATER AND THE OTHER HOSE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HAS NOTHING ELSE ON IT, CAN I JUST PUT THE CRANK CASE BRETHER HOSE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE AIR BOX OR SHOULD I PUT THE T BACK IN

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (wright @ Jul 25 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I HAVE THE HOSE FROM COMPUTER TO FUEL REGULATER AND THE OTHER HOSE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HAS NOTHING ELSE ON IT, CAN I JUST PUT THE CRANK CASE BRETHER HOSE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE AIR BOX OR SHOULD I PUT THE T BACK IN

Give Kevin a call, he has some vacuum T's & you would then just cut the line up above the radiator, and then hook the airbox hose to the other end of the T.