Clutch Cable Question...Help!

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
383astro

#1 Post by 383astro »

I bought 2 clutch cables from Jeff@quadshop. I went to put one on today and it dont work. Is the Bike and Quad cable different? The cable is the same length as the one I took off, but the housing is quite a bit shorter and I cant adjust it enough to get the clutch to engage. Anybody know whats up? Thanks

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

The dirtbike cable is not booted at the lever end, and is about 3 inches longer than the later ATV cable. The adjustment range of the dirtbike cable is not compatible for the ATV lever, since the dirtbike one also uses a thumb adjuster to fill the gap.

So, do those cables have lever boots?

383astro

#3 Post by 383astro »

no they dont. the cables are the same length but the housing is shorter by about 2 inches, so there is too much cable coming out of the housing.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Well, those sound like dirtbike cables. If you don't care about having a clutch interlock, the dirtbike perch/adjuster/lever setup is quite nice by comparison (made by Domino). I have those assemblies in stock quite cheap. I'll check, and send a PM.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I have a quad cable. Make offer.

383astro

#6 Post by 383astro »

I think I will just buy the parts from boomer so I can use the 2 dirtbike cables I got. The parts are cheaper than buying a cable. Thanks

ABM-CANNIBAL

#7 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

No problem.