Rekluse auto clutch

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

I put one in for a friend about a year ago. It was nothing but trouble. I spent countless time talking to someone over at Rekluse. It would keep wiping out clutches. So we tock it out went back to stock. I always kept the clearance to what they called for. I think we did run both of the stiffer springs with the shims? And for the weight balls I????????m trying to remember but I think we had 2 of the heavy ones then a light one, or it was every other one sorry it????????s been a wile. I tried to keep it on the tight side, so when you put it in gear it would just creep forward, but funny when I would ride it and high rpms it never felt engaged. Rekluse wanted me to turn the idle down, and I wasn????????t going to do that. I also know at one time we ended up running the stock throw out ball 8mm. Needless to say I was more then happy to take it out. I wish I know more about it but I did like the book called for and it just never was right. I do want to say that I'm not bagging it, it????????s a great idea I just never could get it to work right.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

yeah, the instructions were not 100% correct.

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

Yeah the guy I talked to (I have his name somewere)told me to call him back keep him updated,he said they cant improve without feed back. So I would call him back with updates but who knows how far that went. Everything I thought or did he said was right/or ok to do so I still never learned why it never worked right. I????????d like to think I have a good understanding about it but yeah who knows.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

did you have the throw out installed?

383astro

#15 Post by 383astro »

The rekluse website says its 529.00, plus 89.00 if you want the new clutch lever and perch (or something like that). So you cant use these on cable clutch engines? Thats what I planned on using it in. Planned on taking my cable engine out and putting the hydro in and putting a rekluse in the cable on my wifes bike.

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

You CAN use it with a cable clutch motor, just gotta take the perch off. You do loose the cable clutch totally but you wouldn't really use it that much anyway.

Well shoot...maybe they were just over $400 then. I will call them tomorrow and find out the latest.

383astro

#17 Post by 383astro »

great let me know. I am very interested in a new or used one. Thanks