I need to know everything about a cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
SHOCKER

#1 Post by SHOCKER »

Alright the tittle basically says it all, but im looking into getting a 2003 cannondale canninbal.
The bike im looking at hasa a bunch of updates and mods.
The big ones are:
Timbo Terminator 450 piston/sleeve
Head porting by Cord at Blackwidow
Z400 update
Old style billet crank
Oil line update
Full HMF exhaust
Wistech Decompression Mech update
TPS sensor
X440/speed mapping
Canniboomer 2 inch velocity stack
Motor mount update
battery tray update

Thats it for the major mods/updates. Actually there are a handful more, but they are susp/bolts ons that dont deal with any performance.

Well for starts i need to know anything about this quad you guys know.
What are the defects and problems that frequently happened???
How hard the parts are too find?
How reliable and how does it compare to say a trx450r and yfz450?
Now what do you guys think about them? Would you buy another one?

And if you can think of anything else i might need to know please tell me, thanks very much.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Can't tell you anything about the bike if we don't know who owns it. As for other updated....um...that pretty much covers it. All the major problems look like they are covered. Does it have an aluinumn valve cover and aluminum impellar? Those are the only ones not listed.

Parts are easy....blackwidow atv or canniboomer. They are the listed sponsers on the main page. Get parts from them and will be happy.

SHOCKER

#3 Post by SHOCKER »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 15 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't tell you anything about the bike if we don't know who owns it. As for other updated....um...that pretty much covers it. All the major problems look like they are covered. Does it have an aluinumn valve cover and aluminum impellar? Those are the only ones not listed.

Parts are easy....blackwidow atv or canniboomer. They are the listed sponsers on the main page. Get parts from them and will be happy.

Yes sir it has an aluminum valve cover/impeller.

As far as the owner i dont know his name but why would you need to know that?

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

The cannondale community is small. So we would probably know him and could give you some history.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

It might help some if we knew about where you are or where it is coming from... The mods list exactly like one that was here in Tucson about a year ago. The guy that had it did all that and only rode it once before he sold it cheap for down on a house.
Somebody might be able to recognize it with some pictures.
Beware there is an awful lot of engines going around claiming mods like that only to learn upon tear down that few or none are to be found.
Ray

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

As a matter of fact here is his ad with pictures.
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry158007

Almost word for word... so if it is not the same one I would wonder if somebody copied his list... and I would beware.
If it is the exact one then it does in fact have all of this in it as far as I know.

This is a 2003 Cannibal. VIN shows it to be an LE edition. Here is a list of mods and upgrades. VIN 5B6FD3131B000152

ENGINE:
*Timbo Terminator 450 piston and sleeve
*Head porting done by Cord at Blackwidow
*Engine completely rebuilt- less than 8 hours on it
*Z400 UPDATE
*Old style Billet crank
*Aluminum impellar
*Aluminum Valve cover
*Oil Line UPDATE
*New Exhaust/ Intake Valves
*Full HMF Exhaust
*New Cam Bearings
*Wistech Decompression Mech UPDATE
*Brand New TPS Sensor
*X440/Speed Mapping
*Canniboomer 2 Inch Velocity Stack
*Polished Oil Filter Cap, Water Pump Cover, Starter Cover, Clutch Cover w/ Powder Coating, Powder Coated Side Cover

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

Sticky bucket bore and insulator sleeve on the stator wires....?

I don't see a mention of a 'locking' bolt kit, but that's surely been done looking at the rest of the list....

Apart from that it looks like you're in for no-hassle riding.....

SHOCKER

#8 Post by SHOCKER »

That is the same one.

The guy im buying it from bought it about 6 months ago. He bought it for dune riding, he figured since he was riding dunes more often he would be more comfy on a quad. Turns out he didn't like the quad and wanted to get back on a 2 wheeler.

So is this a good bike? Have all the problem areas been adressed?

rayspeed

#9 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (SHOCKER @ Jul 16 2007, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the same one.

The guy im buying it from bought it about 6 months ago. He bought it for dune riding, he figured since he was riding dunes more often he would be more comfy on a quad. Turns out he didn't like the quad and wanted to get back on a 2 wheeler.

So is this a good bike? Have all the problem areas been adressed?

The guy that sold it is the one that put the motor together, his phone number is still current from the ad so you could probably call him if you have any questions. Of course who knows how well it has been taken care of in the last ten months and looks like it changed hands twice. If it does not have a ton of use and abuse on it should be ok. I would say it was done when most all of the known problems were known and good fixes available. Pull the oil filter and look it over carefully for metal.
Just out of curiosity what are you looking to pick it up for and where is it at now?
Ray

SHOCKER

#10 Post by SHOCKER »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Jul 16 2007, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The guy that sold it is the one that put the motor together, his phone number is still current from the ad so you could probably call him if you have any questions. Of course who knows how well it has been taken care of in the last ten months and looks like it changed hands twice. If it does not have a ton of use and abuse on it should be ok. I would say it was done when most all of the known problems were known and good fixes available. Pull the oil filter and look it over carefully for metal.
Just out of curiosity what are you looking to pick it up for and where is it at now?
Ray

Right now im looking to trade it for my 03 yz450 dirtbike.