hard to start dale 440

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

The best thing you can do, as a new cannondale owner, is spend a weekend sitting on this website doing research. There is a ton of great information.

Dachshund

#12 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Dec 22 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best thing you can do, as a new cannondale owner, is spend a weekend sitting on this website doing research. There is a ton of great information.

A weekend???????? Man You must be a fast reader. rolleyes.gif I don't want to think about the time I spend on cannondalers and here educating myself. I'm still learning. There is sooooo much knowledge here.

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

A weekend is just to get started, just an introduction. I've been trolling for information on this website for about two years now and I still don't know nearly enough!!

blackgixxer

#14 Post by blackgixxer »

well i took it all apart today.air filter is soaked with gas,returnn fuel line doesnt look to good,some vacuam lines are old and starting to dry rot.The boot that connects the throttle body to the motor wsnt even on right,so it was sucking air through there and the injectors were firing gas out of the gap making another mess.Plug is soaked with gas and looks black and fouled.I will start by cleaning it all up,replacing the lines and putting it back together correctly and see how i go from there.Were can i get an owners/part manuel from?on this site when i download it ,it says not available.

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

Put a CR8EK or Iridium in it for better starting. The intake boot and plug were your problem. Best to replace all the lines now! Canniboomer can upgrade fuel tank.

NotSoYoungAnymore

#16 Post by NotSoYoungAnymore »

blackgixxer

#17 Post by blackgixxer »

again thanks for the help.those plugs arent round for some reason so i had to order some for wedsday morning.i am going to replace all the vacuem lines,fuel lines and filter and get it all neat and tidy before reassemble.i'll post how it goes.

peterock

#18 Post by peterock »

Also sounds like you need new o-rings for your injectors. If you order fuel lines from boomer make sure you ask for them as well.

blackgixxer

#19 Post by blackgixxer »

i think the fuel was blowing out due to the boot not being connected correctly but thanks,i will put a set of o rings on my list also.

peterock

#20 Post by peterock »

You may have a bigger problem is you actually had fuel in the filter and up by the boot. Your fuel injectors are past these points and spray directly into the cylinder. You may have a clogged injector as well if it was spraying back up towards in the throttle body.