fuel filter empty??

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
blackgixxer

#1 Post by blackgixxer »

pump primes fine,ran good last night.today the filter is almost empty.took the disconnects off and ran 90 degree elbows so theres no restriction.could it of lost its prime somehow?3/4 full tnk of gas also.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

If you have the disconnects gutted,and everything is "open" flow then the filter should be full. If they are not gutted then most time the filter will only have fuel running threw it when its running.
I'm not sure what year your bike is,but the early 02's had the feed line on the bottom of the tank right above the swingarm. If its the latest style,with both feed and return on the front of the tank then it has a suck shun hose in the tank witch could have come off. Look inside the tank you will see the hose.

blackgixxer

#3 Post by blackgixxer »

mines the old style,feed in the back.i un ziptied the filter (had it secured to the frame)cranked a couple of times and then it filled up.after a few primes it fired up like normal.I completely got rid of the disconnects and am using stright fittings with no restriction.im going to ride a little today and see if it tomorrow it is drained or not.i was thinking it was were i had the filter tied up but its in the stock position with a full tank of gas.almost was like it was airbound.remember i got this quad from a guy that started it with carb cleaner(his own trick he said)and it was because it had a loose tb boot,couple bad vacuem lines,etc.maybe it needs to get used of running right cause its put back together right,lol.thanks again

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

It could have been airbound.With disconnects gutted filter should be full with pump off and almost empty other than heavy stream running directly through the filter.If not could be a kinked line or the filter is junk.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Pressure regulator?

Deityracer

#6 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Dec 27 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pressure regulator?

Sorry to hijack, but what is the better style tank? Rear pickup or front pickup?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Front style was Cannondales effort to get better flow,less heat and supposedly allow less work for pump.Problem all along was the crummy quickconnects.Either style is fine as long as quickconnects are gutted or system such as Canniboomer sells is used.Did notice more of the rear tanks leak at the threads.They use a 1/4in pipe thread where front tank uses 3/8 and threads are sized better.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

If you are going to do Boomer's full flow upgrade then it is better to have an 03 style front pickup in my opinion, because then both disconnects are right there in front, along with the petcock valve.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

If you are going to do Boomer's full flow upgrade then it is better to have an 03 style front pickup in my opinion, because then both disconnects are right there in front, along with the petcock valve.

blackgixxer

#10 Post by blackgixxer »

well it held fuel overnight.are these quads always a little hard to start when cold?i prime it with the start button,then try to start for 3-5 seconds.i do this about 4 times before it fires up.i stiull need to run it for an hour or so to see how it does after warm up.after it starts it does idle well and wont stall.
--my fuel line is in the back,i dont really care for it incase it broke or fell off being were it is.i think i am going to mill a cover to protect the fitting in case.thanks