Breakin time..questions.

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

There is but dont worry about it.When Cannondale shipped injectors they were matched sets for flow so theoretically they should both be same.

J. Delaney

#12 Post by J. Delaney »

You want a good amount of cylinder pressure to force the piston rings against the cylinder wall. The honing process acts as a file against the rings and really helps seal the combustion chamber. Warm it up, ride it mellow a bit, then run it like you stole it. Some may disagree, but I've not had any failures as of yet.

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

We have had them overheat and seize during break in before when not properly heat cycled..... We ride dunes though. Your choice.

Sand_Blaster

#14 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Alright, I'll do the 15 min runs. I'll just keep an eye on the heat. Thanks vary much guys for the tips on breakin in this hot-rod in.

On a side note J.Delaney.. if your Quad is still for-sale in a month or two.. and if I sell my Blazer. I want to take your Cannibal off your hands smile.gif tongue.gif

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

After installing the engine, and as soon as the quad is assembled enough to fire. I run it until it is fully warmed. let it cool while finish assembling the quad. useally I like to wait at least a hour or more for it to cool. the refire and wait for it to fully warm. then ride it at veriable RPMs for a short time. I don't baby it but I don't beat on it either. after about 15 or 20 miniuts if it feels like everything is ok I ride it harder increaseing the agressiveness a little at a time until I'm at the level I plan to ride it. I then change the oil. after that I cal it good and change the oil every 10 hrs.

And I put nothing but full synthetic oil in my quads. other than when my son fliped the moto and it landed up side down running and lost some oil, we have never had to add oil between changes.

J. Delaney

#16 Post by J. Delaney »

No problem. I guess you'll finally get that D&M kit I promised you.

Sand_Blaster

#17 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Jan 28 2008, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem. I guess you'll finally get that D&M kit I promised you.

Lol yeah thats true tongue.gif