How fast does a cannondale cannibal go?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
rbm1992

#1 Post by rbm1992 »

He i'm buting a cannondale cannibal 01/ 02 in couple of days. So i have a few questions.

1. Does it have a speedomitor?
2. How fast does it go in feilds and grass?
3. How long do they run on 3.2 gallons of gas?

Thanks

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

1) No speedo. You can add one for a couple hundred bucks, digital. Contact Canniboomer, as for the Vapor Tach/speedo

2) I don't mean to avoid your question, but there are too many factors to answer here. It depends on gearing, whether you are going uphill, headwind, etc. I know that at the top of 4th gear our quads are hitting 50mph, so they go faster than that. That is with super short sand gearing (13/44), and in the sand. That is also with mods to the intake and exhaust, and minor fuel injection/timing map modifications.

3) This is also relevant. It depends on how hard you are pushing with your right thumb. I have heard the dirtbikes see 50mpg when on the road. We ride for 3-4 hours at wide open throttle in the dunes and then need a fillup. I mean 7000rpm plus for 3+ hours. Hopefully this gives you some type of baseline.

What other quads have you owned? Where do you live? What age bracket are you in? Just curious, it is nice to know about our new members.

I am 30, love riding sand and jumping. The C-Dale is my first quad, only 3 wheelers growing up and a couple dirtbikes, but lots of sportbikes.... Welcome!

rbm1992

#3 Post by rbm1992 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jan 23 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) No speedo. You can add one for a couple hundred bucks, digital. Contact Canniboomer, as for the Vapor Tach/speedo

2) I don't mean to avoid your question, but there are too many factors to answer here. It depends on gearing, whether you are going uphill, headwind, etc. I know that at the top of 4th gear our quads are hitting 50mph, so they go faster than that. That is with super short sand gearing (13/44), and in the sand. That is also with mods to the intake and exhaust, and minor fuel injection/timing map modifications.

3) This is also relevant. It depends on how hard you are pushing with your right thumb. I have heard the dirtbikes see 50mpg when on the road. We ride for 3-4 hours at wide open throttle in the dunes and then need a fillup. I mean 7000rpm plus for 3+ hours. Hopefully this gives you some type of baseline.

What other quads have you owned? Where do you live? What age bracket are you in? Just curious, it is nice to know about our new members.

I am 30, love riding sand and jumping. The C-Dale is my first quad, only 3 wheelers growing up and a couple dirtbikes, but lots of sportbikes.... Welcome!

im in nw ohio near perrysburg, im 15, and this si my first one but ive rode others

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Very cool... You will have to post pictures when you get it, and tell us what modifications/updates have been done. This and cannondaler.com are the two best sites on the net for getting help. Everyone here is super helpful.

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

According to the dyno mine does over 85! Ha ha. Wait, I'm not kidding! A full tank will last a long time, especially if you have a stroker and just lug it around...

Let's see some pics!

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

Welcome rider11. We are neighbors. I live just south of Hillsdale, MI.

As far as fuel usage I can attest that a non ported 450 stroker sips on fuel compared to my Timbo ported 432. It's in need of some sort of support group for "Gasaholics".

quadracer500

#7 Post by quadracer500 »

welcome rider11, i live in willard,oh not to far from you and fuel usage is actually very good, speed wise mine will hang with the new yfz and ltr , some friends and i have tried it so i know it is true.