Crankcase vent update

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Hacksaw830

#1 Post by Hacksaw830 »

Does anyone have the SAE hose size and the length I should get to do the crankcase vent update?

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

..Go with a full 3/8" ID, or you will likely still puke too much oil. I think too many guys skimp on that upgrade by using a simple 1/4" Tee down below. But Cannondale updated the hose and tee size for a reason.
If you want a pre-fabbed setup with a magnetic drain plug, or an aftermarket improved drainplug, give me a call or email.
I use Aeroquip push-on hose which is a good full ID, but a slimmer OD than other hose you will find -- and the pathway to the upper Tee is quite cramped in there already, so a slimmer hose is nice. Tees are high-ID thinwall stainless, and the clamps are compact OEM, and no-damage euro clamps at the lower frame and starter-cover.

cdalerider92

#3 Post by cdalerider92 »

what's the crankcase vent update?

jniebuhr

#4 Post by jniebuhr »

talk to canniboomer(Dave) he will get you set up with any info and parts you need for all of the needed updates. his kits are very straight forward and easy to install!

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (cdalerider92 @ Jun 27 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's the crankcase vent update?

You can read up on it here, and compare pictures to see if you still need it:
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/TB02-...nkcase_vent.pdf

cdalerider92

#6 Post by cdalerider92 »

thanks. that update hasn't been done to my motor. ohmy.gif is there a kit that can be bought to fix this? if so where can i get it?
thanks again.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

...bump to the top cool.gif

cdalerider92

#8 Post by cdalerider92 »

i'm not sure if you got my PM because it said your inbox was full boomer so here is what i sent.

i was wondering if i could get that list of updates that you have. i just bought an '02 cannibal and don't think the guy did any updates or even take much care of it seeing as i'm still working on getting it working. lol. thanks and it is much appreciated. infamousosiris@hotmail.com