What's your opinion?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
jake

#1 Post by jake »

Maybe everyone already knows, but ATK has stroker kits at thier website......for as much as i have in my dale altogether. lol.

http://www.atkusa.com/documents/BigBoreUpgrade.pdf

I think it's good that they're trying to keep uprgrades and parts out there so other people are more apt to buy them, but come on! i can't believe they sell anything with how much everything costs from them compared to what you can get on here.

BTW: all of cannondale's bicylce division just got bought out from a differant guy than it was sold to when cannondale origionally went under. it was just announced this month anything released from Cannondale is now going to be made in taiwan.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Everytime I tell anyone what I think I get flagged or yelled at. So, I will just let you imagine.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (o3speed @ Apr 30 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe everyone already knows, but ATK has stroker kits at thier website......for as much as i have in my dale altogether. lol.

http://www.atkusa.com/documents/BigBoreUpgrade.pdf

I think it's good that they're trying to keep uprgrades and parts out there so other people are more apt to buy them, but come on! i can't believe they sell anything with how much everything costs from them compared to what you can get on here.

BTW: all of cannondale's bicylce division just got bought out from a differant guy than it was sold to when cannondale origionally went under. it was just announced this month anything released from Cannondale is now going to be made in taiwan.

In there add there are still using the Falicon crank witch isn't good. The Wiseco piston isn't that bad but it isn't great either,also looks like they are using a steel sleeve another strike for the kit. I know the wait sucks but Tim is still your best bet for stroker cranks and piston kits. Last I heard he isn't taking any more orders on cranks but does stock piston kits.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

Take a look at a stroker kit for honda or yamah. Price is inline with them as well. The crank itself costs $1350. The piston kit is a deal if it costs $450. Plus labor for installation. These machines aren't as popular as others and therefore vendors don't make as many units. In the long run they end up sitting on them longer and cost more to make up for the lack of volume.

jake

#5 Post by jake »

i have a falicon in my dale right now because i got it with it, and i'm very happy with it so far, but tim rebuilt my engine and ran though it. even with him rebuilding my engine, porting, a new one way starter bearing, new gaskets, bearings, and everything else, the whole thing cost less than the falicon would have.

i don't meen to attack ATK, and i know these parts are expensive, but i was just basing the overpricing on the other cannondale vendors on this website. I really appreciate ATK keeping these great quads in production, but i was just curious what is makes them these much more expensive than other C-dale parts and what other people's opinions were.

kevin444

#6 Post by kevin444 »

[/quote]

"Taiwan" WTF #%#$W%$#%......we've got a fleet of Cannondale bicycle's in my family and have been riding them for like 15yrs+ or something. That really hurts to hear; that's just too bad; goes to show its all about the money. I remember when i was younger...real young me and the old man would go to the local shop just to check them out, way out of our league as far as $ goes then. they had some of the best parts and had amazing welds throughout the frame.....keep your eye's out, there probably going to end up in walmart / kmart.....

jake

#7 Post by jake »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Apr 30 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Taiwan" WTF #%#$W%$#%......we've got a fleet of Cannondale bicycle's in my family and have been riding them for like 15yrs+ or something. That really hurts to hear; that's just too bad; goes to show its all about the money. I remember when i was younger...real young me and the old man would go to the local shop just to check them out, way out of our league as far as $ goes then. they had some of the best parts and had amazing welds throughout the frame.....keep your eye's out, there probably going to end up in walmart / kmart.....

yea, you said it. everyone seems to just be out for the money. i wonder what it will do to the price and quality of the bikes. People almost don't seem to care where things comefrom anymore, seing as it's so well accepted with everything else.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Taiwan is better than China. Years ago I read an insider article on bicycle manufacturing in Taiwan. Apparently they have been building our frames for 30 years, and have gotten VERY good at it. Their machines are state of the art. And honestly if it weren't for unions in this country our labor rates would be lower, and companies could afford to use American manufacturers.

I have never owned an American made bicycle frame, all have been from Taiwan, all very high end frames/bicycles. All have performed VERY well, are very lightweight, and have never broken.

I can't afford a Cannondale bicycle because they are made in the USA. What does that tell ya?

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (o3speed @ Apr 30 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a falicon in my dale right now because i got it with it, and i'm very happy with it so far, but tim rebuilt my engine and ran though it. even with him rebuilding my engine, porting, a new one way starter bearing, new gaskets, bearings, and everything else, the whole thing cost less than the falicon would have.

i don't meen to attack ATK, and i know these parts are expensive, but i was just basing the overpricing on the other cannondale vendors on this website. I really appreciate ATK keeping these great quads in production, but i was just curious what is makes them these much more expensive than other C-dale parts and what other people's opinions were.

A lot of vendor prices are cheap as they were bought for pennies on the dollar and are left over stock from cannondale folding. New aftermarket parts like pistons and cranks are going to be the same if not more then everything else out there.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 30 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And honestly if it weren't for unions in this country our labor rates would be lower, and companies could afford to use American manufacturers.

That is a pile of bull. The reason all of the manufacturing goes over seas is because other countries don't have all of the environmental and safety regulations and taxes that we have here. **** right the labor rates would be lower if not for unions. I am labor, and I'm thankful to have a union to fight for good wages on my behalf.