no spark

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cool_dude_dotcom

#1 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I have an 02 cannibal that i was riding and racing up the dunes at Winchester bay and was comming down one that had some whoops at the bottom in 4th gear....I gave it gas to get the frunt end light to go over the whoops and after the 2nd one it jusd died. i'm getting power to the coil but not out...so i got another one and put it on but still no spark......Whats your 2 cents??? is there a fuse that i cant find some were? or is the ECU screwed up?

Thanks
Jeremy

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Flywheel?

cool_dude_dotcom

#3 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

[attachment=8491:DSC03829.JPG]
[attachment=8490:DSC03830.JPG]
not the flywheel.
not the ecu.
not the coil.

THE #&%!IN CRANK BROKE/SHEARED OFF RIGHT BEHIND THE STATOR!!??!!

I guess thasts what u get when u buy a $910 crank and have it rebuilt after it breaks your case in half....$1500 in repairs for 10 hours of ride time.

Im not to happy with Cannondales at the moment so i'm going to post my story of ownership and experiences with "cannondale experts" in another topic.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I guess I wouldn't be too happy about that either.

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

plus side is that at least it didn't break another case

Take it for $910 it was a used falicon.

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (peterock @ May 28 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take it for $910 it was a used falicon.

For $910, it should've at least been a new Falicon. Regardless, that doesn't make you feel any better about it. That really blows dude! Sounds like a freak thing. Hard to believe it sheared there.

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

Looking thru your posts and you have had some of the worst luck ever... even surpassing desertbound! Had a wwe come apart just like you did but it was the source of me getting my second speed cheap, previous owner spent over 3k with atk for a rebuild that he only got a few hours out of before it did that.
Sorry for your loss... it looks like you are young and impatient and most of us were there at one time or another, that wont last forever!
I am feeling kind of glad I did not jump on the falicon train when it looked like that was the way to go, see patience can pay off!
Wonder how many of those are still out there running versus the ones that are not... anybody have a guess? I used to think that it was a matter of getting a good one or not, but now it seems that they all suspect. Anybody know if the ones that Tim has gone thru and fixed are lasting?

cool_dude_dotcom

#8 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

My falicon was brand new and went throu Tims hands after it broke my 1st case. He said it was the 2nd worse one he had seen right after Haydog??,i think. Eather it was a casting flaw or still out of spec. but i dont see how i could have got about 50 hours on it between the motors it's been it.

I think im done with this bike for a while....It seems every time i rebuild it I only get 2 or 3 good rides in so $150+ an hour to ride is not worth it to put $1600 here...$3000 there...$1500, plus having to rebuild a few miscellanous things and my bearing cairer after it sat uncover at the guys house that rebuilt my motor the last 2 times. I don't know which path to take...part it out, sell it as is, put a stock crank in it a sell it, or wait a year or so whenever i get ambishious enough to put a timbo stroker in and finally play with the timing so i can join the 60 or 70 hp club...stretch it out and make it a bling drager.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a known issue with them.There is no radius in the corner there.I guess some of the later Falicons they started putting that on finally.I dont think Timbo can do anything about that issue.Sad that your trying to do your best but keep getting burned.

rayspeed

#10 Post by rayspeed »

Nobody here has a right to look down on you for anything you decide to do if they read up on what you have been thru. Hate to see these parted but people gotta do what they gotta do. I dont know what is worse, putting in all that effort yourself and having something like that happen or paying out what you did to have that happen! When I do my own work I look at things like that as a life lesson and take it as a challenge to get better results but everyone has their limits.