bad computer?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
jmiller

#1 Post by jmiller »

hey guys whats up been a while since i've been on! got a new quad that needs some work but i'm having a hard time figuring out whats wrong.... so the guy said it over heated because of a leak in the radiator he says he fixed it...?... and it still didnt run right but when i got it it had no spark and the fuel pump didnt run so i shorted out the neg. side of the fuel pump to ground before i knew that could damage the computer but when i shorted it out the fuel pump actually ran a few seconds after i shorted it out does that sound like the computer would be bad?? or did i just blow it for sure?? sad.gif any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated!!! not sure where i sould go from here to fix it!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

You may be okay since the ECU wasnt supplying ground in the first place.First thing I would do is hook up D&M and see if ECU will take a map and HEX.If it does then you need to start checking grounds and wiring.If ECU wont take a Map and HEX then you will need a new ECU its not a bad idea to send your ECU out to have this procedure done just so you KNOW it is good since even the wiring going to ECU from D&M could be at fault.I usually will do this just for cost of shipping.Send it over and I will check it out.

jmiller

#3 Post by jmiller »

before i send it out i'm gonna check some more wiring to see if i might be able to find any problems. If i dont find anything i would be interested in sending it to get it looked at! where would i be sending it to?? thanks for your help and hopefully we can get it running and racing again! smile.gif

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

54220. Shipping info is in Shock Doc forum. Hey I see you are from Orville, OH. Been there many times when they had the TT Nat at Oval race car track there. Awesome time perfect track and they always put on a good show with other acts also like Kangaroo Kid trying to jump 200ft!

jmiller

#5 Post by jmiller »

haha ya i live about 5 mins away! and the computer works cause i switched it with my other quad! so im still trying to figure out what is wrong.... not sure what to check next.