Anyone know?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
gary681

#1 Post by gary681 »

Why when i rev out in gear does it just drop off,then i let off and it picks back up? just started this little mystery today. i was just running around in the yard with it.would it do this if it was a little low in oil? Thanks for any advice..Gary

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

If it is losing power when on the gas it could be a fuel flow problem.

gary681

#3 Post by gary681 »

QUOTE (Brad77 @ Apr 2 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is losing power when on the gas it could be a fuel flow problem.
I have a new fuel pump and filter,is there anywhere on here that explains how to "open up" those quick disconnects? it does like the carb would do if the bowl ran out of fuel

cannondalemaine

#4 Post by cannondalemaine »

I took the 2 connects off the 2 fuel lines put them in a vice and drilled out the white plastic inside the flow hole. Then blew air through them to get remaining plastic pieces out. The other ones are on the tank they just screw out of the tank. Take those and also drill out the white plastic inside of them, also make sure you pull out the o-rings that are in the center of the tank connects. Then just reinsert back in tank using teflon tape and your good.

gary681

#5 Post by gary681 »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Apr 3 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took the 2 connects off the 2 fuel lines put them in a vice and drilled out the white plastic inside the flow hole. Then blew air through them to get remaining plastic pieces out. The other ones are on the tank they just screw out of the tank. Take those and also drill out the white plastic inside of them, also make sure you pull out the o-rings that are in the center of the tank connects. Then just reinsert back in tank using teflon tape and your good.

Did that,tomorrow i will ride it and see what it will do. does that take some of the pressure off of the fuel pump? will let you know what it does.. Thanks!!!.....Gary

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

Ya, the quick connects are too restricting and the o-rings swell with time, and gutting them lets the pump run free-er.

If you want the cat's meow then boomer's tank conversions are sweet and really quiet the pump down. Some say you will never have a pump failure afterwords.

gary681

#7 Post by gary681 »

I thought that fixed it, but took it out for a ride,and about a mile down the road it would just run out of fuel. i would let off the gas and let it idle or shut it off and after a minute or so it would start up and run like a champ. i did notice after i shut it off there were air bubbles steadily flowing through my fuel filter. after they stopped flowing i started it and i couldnt get it to run out of fuel again. i prob made it a mile before this started. do you think when i first run it for the day,it has an air pocket? where would the air pocket be coming from? Thanks for any help...Gary

gary681

#8 Post by gary681 »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Apr 3 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that fixed it, but took it out for a ride,and about a mile down the road it would just run out of fuel. i would let off the gas and let it idle or shut it off and after a minute or so it would start up and run like a champ. i did notice after i shut it off there were air bubbles steadily flowing through my fuel filter. after they stopped flowing i started it and i couldnt get it to run out of fuel again. i prob made it a mile before this started. do you think when i first run it for the day,it has an air pocket? where would the air pocket be coming from? Thanks for any help...Gary

jinx44

#9 Post by jinx44 »

Gas cap breather clogged?

gary681

#10 Post by gary681 »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Apr 12 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gas cap breather clogged?

I blew through the vent tube it was clear.just cant figure out why when it runs out,it has way too much air in the filter. you can see bubbles constantly flow through the filter for about 45 seconds. then its good to go.could it be sucking air at the quick disconnect?