Any Idea??????

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

blink.gif I have a hot start issue that is making me crazy wacko.gif It starts great when cold (engine) but after warm its a bear to restart, sometimes it will fire with a prime and cracking the throttle, sometimes not, until it cools down a little. I have read alot on a search, is it possable that the temp. sensor is bad? I read a post that said to check temp. sensor unplug after engine is warm while running, if the idle increases the sensor is bad, that makes no sence. Maybe a bad tps sensor? This is a fresh rebuild by Blackwidow and the ECU was mapped for the engine, so it should not be lean. Any ideas, I can't afford to pull any more hair out, not that much left. I just want to get it fixed!!! Thanks in advance.

cdale490

#2 Post by cdale490 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jun 12 2010, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif I have a hot start issue that is making me crazy wacko.gif It starts great when cold (engine) but after warm its a bear to restart,sometimes it will fire with a prime and cracking the throttle,sometimes not,until it cools down alittle.I have read alot on a search,is it possable that the temp.sensor is bad?I read a post that said to check temp.sensor unplug after engine is warm while running,if the idle increases the sensor is bad,that makes no sence.Maybe a bad tps sensor?This is a fresh rebuild by Blackwidow and the ECU was mapped for the engine,so it should not be lean.Any ideas,I cant afford to pull any more hair out,not that much left.Ijust want to get it fixed!!!Thanks in advance.

Did blackwidow do anything with the valves, if they didnt they could be tight witch would make it hard starting when its hot.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

I dont know about the valves.It runs and revs great.I did pull the plug,which was new,the tip was white.I think the ECU was set-up for a stock airbox but I am running a pod set-up now.Also when I put the plastic back on the head pipe was getting hot enough to bubble the graphics on the spar cover,maybe it is lean?Will a lean condition cause hard hot starts?Thanks.

TexasBansheeMan

#4 Post by TexasBansheeMan »

Yes it will, to lean will run hot and make hard starts. What do you mean the plug was white? Were the 2 bridges going to the electrode discolored by the base? If your too lean you will scald the plung, it will be white VERY white.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Yes,the electrode was white,it should be a tan color right?

TexasBansheeMan

#6 Post by TexasBansheeMan »

Think weak chocolate milk, but not wet.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

I dont have a D&M,they scare me,I am going to try another ECU,maybe it will fix this goofy issue!

jinx44

#8 Post by jinx44 »

If you need to borrow any parts to try, let me know.

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

why are u scared of a d&m?..they're easy to work with...thats like saying you're scared to get on the computer and surf the net.

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Jun 15 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why are u scared of a d&m?..they're easy to work with...thats like saying you're scared to get on the computer and surf the net.

As you might know,its hard enough to own these quads when no one works on them,or knows anything about them,I do not trust my computer skills enough to mess around with fuel settings,ect.I can just send my ecu to Brad to get re-mapped like I have in the past.Dont you ever contribute to this site besides smart a$$ comments? mad.gif Now I see why members stop visiting here. wacko.gif