December Dirtwheels page 80

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

I just picked up the December 2010 Dirtwheels and on page 80 they give some respect to cannondale in an article called "Top 10 ATVs that changed history". They give them credit for being the first liquid cooled production fourstroke, first aluminum frame, first fuel injection. Kind of nice, even though we already know it, maybe now some of the kids will know. If they can read, that is.

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Page 16 also has a nice picture and a couple paragraphs about cannondale.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I just saw that. Wow! About time.

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

At least some respect from the magazine people. In a recent issue of Motocross Action they blasted Cannondale for all they were worth.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Apart from the 'News' type publications, such as 'Autosport', magazines in the UK give good reviews to the companies who spend lots with them on advertising.

There's just no point buying them because you just don't get an un-biased review about anything. The whole thing is just a joke now.

Fair play to 'Yamiwheels' for finally giving some credit....

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Brad77 @ Nov 13 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least some respect from the magazine people. In a recent issue of Motocross Action they blasted Cannondale for all they were worth.

If I remember right, Motocross Action was the begining to the end for Cannondale back in the day as well. I'm not sure if I have it right but wasn't MA the magazine that trashed Cannondale in the very beginning? I know Dirt Riders named it bike of the year before it was ever released, but I think MA trashed it pretty hard.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Nov 14 2010, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's just no point buying them because you just don't get an un-biased review about anything. The whole thing is just a joke now.

cosumer ignorance seems to be the biggest sales tactic nowadays.
from what i understand they (the advertiserl) sets up a session (press release?) invite the rags to come look, test ride, eat, party and listen to their BS. All of which is a real good time, except maybe the BS part, well??? I guess comedy is fun also. and all of these reporters/fiction writers are well aware of the fact if they write more than a smidge bad (and even that needs a twist on it to make it seem unimportant) they will not be invited back next time. and they might not have a job if the advertiser pulls any of the ads.

my MX days were on zuks (back in the hop-up kit days) I was a brand loyal rider. I had a good dealer and a good reputation for not breaking down, so I stuck with what worked for me. but back then it seemed like mag articals were informative and gave facts you would not find on a sales brochure. when zuke came out with the TM400 a writer dubed it as the widowmaker. a friend of mine who happened to be a yammie loyalist had to make sure I knew about it. shortly after that I subscribed to that mag and still have a latter issue that rated the TM400 as the worst MX bike. but I did buy the mag for the truth and watching people ride these thing and talking to them, there was little doubt about about how bad this thing was. i think now people buy a mag so they can read how great thier .........widget.......... is. I would like to add, that this was in the factory bike era and zuke was at the top in both pro classes. so the TM was a big desaster,