My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
mydreamride

#61 Post by mydreamride »

looking good Jeff, can't wait to see it come spring

cannondalemaine

#62 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks guys! Steve did the front ones and i had a friend we ice race with lower the rear i believe i had them all go to 13 3/4 eye to eye. If im still around come the group ride i will definitely going to this one. Was gonna go to the one in the fall but went to vegas. Definitely would like to thank everyone that has helped me with this one!!

wistech

#63 Post by wistech »

I apologize for not getting these up but with all the talk about horsepower lately I did a little digging in the dyno files. Green line is without the juice red with the juice. Of course the video has been posted already .

cdale55

#64 Post by cdale55 »

Gee Wistech bragging you got 70 hp all I seen was 69.99 !! LOL Going have have to dig a little deeper to get 70 hp !!! That should a fun quad to race !! When is the first race for you ?

wistech

#65 Post by wistech »

Here I could pull a Timbo and walla....

cannondalemaine

#66 Post by cannondalemaine »

I believe the first 300ft local bracket race is in april some time. I was talking to a guy i know and he said there is a up hill drag race the beginning of summer i believe near mass. or conn. need to find more info so i can represent for the cannondale army lol. Ill let you know what i get for 300 ft times, just removed front brakes, calipers etc to save weight. Now the quad is almost done saving weight i can start on all my hibernation winter weight haha.

cannondalemaine

#67 Post by cannondalemaine »

Sorry for my ignorance but what does the smoothing on the dyno do?? Thanks

Happyboy

#68 Post by Happyboy »

Generally smoothing the curve is just averaging the spikes to show a nice curve. All the times I have seen the dynos run the smoothing lowers the number and turning the smoothing off shows the spikes peak hp reading. You will get slot of spikes if the rear end is bouncing slot.

cannondalemaine

#69 Post by cannondalemaine »

I have decided to tear apart and lighten up my drag quad. Here is a couple of pics of how far i have gotten since winter started, not very much haha but its coming along. My best time last year was a 5.28 in 300 ft with mostly consistent 5.3's. I bought an aluminum drag axle and am having dave moore racing fabricate me a drag lite swingarm. There should be a significant weight reduction between last year and the year coming. So i am hoping i will break into the 4's without nitrous. I will get more pics as i go, got a lot of tips and tricks from the website forums and like to thank everyone that has posted. Hoping to get the quad 300lbs which should be possible

claas900

#70 Post by claas900 »

looks good. I'm not sure if you ever saw it but a few years back there was a post called "light weight challenge" it had some cool pic's ideas in it.