My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!

speedracer

#72 Post by speedracer »

I think it was Timbo that drilled his steering stem full of holes to save weight. I bet you would save lots of weight if you swaped out your shocks for some Marvin Shaws or struts, looks good so far.

cannondalemaine

#73 Post by cannondalemaine »

I actually have aluminum struts going in to try out. Then if I have money I was going to buy some marvins. Also working on the stem as we speak. I still gotta buy some small front tires. Thanks for the kind words hopefully it will be done so I can do radar runs on the ice this year. Will keep updating

claas900

#74 Post by claas900 »

my bad, it was called going on a diet http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...45&hl=drill

cannondalemaine

#75 Post by cannondalemaine »

Yep that is the one I saw that had a lot of info. I seen a few others but don't remember the thread names.

cannondalemaine

#76 Post by cannondalemaine »

Here is an updated pic, progress is slow. Should have stem done soon, just weighed whats in the pic and it weighs 134.5 lbs with oils in it. But as you can see it still needs steering stem, wheels, a-arms, swingarms etc. At least the rest of the parts are not "real" heavy but enough to add up pretty quick. But i think i am well on my way for under 300 lbs. Should have my DMR swingarm in about 2 weeks so it will be done shortly after. Sorry the picture didnt come out any better.

cannondalemaine

#77 Post by cannondalemaine »

My progress has come to a crawl lately, I have been patiently awaiting my spinde mount wheels and swingarm. I have a few pics of where it stands right now. I put it on a scale and was pretty happy with my results. Granted it does not have light weight a arms and tie rods which i figure would be close to a 8-10lb savings. But 190lbs as it sits in the pics with all fluids and battery, just needs axle, chain, swingarm assembly wheels and plastic. I weighed as many other parts as I could that are going on and I think a fair estimate will be around 270-280lbs when finished. I cannot wait to try it out again when finished.

Sand_Blaster

#78 Post by Sand_Blaster »

how did you get a swing-arm from DMR? He wouldn't build me one a couple years back. Whats the drag axle for a honda quad?
Diffently going to watch this - PS. That frame is crazy lol

cannondalemaine

#79 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks I have a lot of time and some money into it, lol. I actually had a stock swingarm sent so he could make a jig for it. He built me a plus 4, it's about 4 lbs lighter than stock and very nice looking. The axle is a 250r drag axle that I got from DMR also (gonna be a tight fit with the tires near the duals). I'm thinking it will weigh 275 wet when done. My goal is a a 4.8 in 300ft now, just bought a 495 to put in (thanks Neil) so hopefully it will be close! I will post races when my season starts. Thanks

Jeff

kdeal

#80 Post by kdeal »

Who is DMR may I ask?