My Cannondale Cannibal

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Aromex

#11 Post by Aromex »

So today when i walked out to take a look at the 4 wheeler it had the same puddle on gas on the swing arm. The O rings didn't really look that bad when i had the disconnects off. Is there anything else you can think of that it would be?

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Is it not wet anywhere else?

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

The o-rings will get a wear mark onthem and not be completely round in a spot. I am pretty sure it is the o-rings. If you have a good hardware store around you, they are 2-008 sized and made for fuel. Check the lines for wear spots and leakage as well.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Didn't some people have some problems with leaking at the threads on the old style tanks?

Aromex

#15 Post by Aromex »

I went to the autoparts store today and picked up 2-008 size rings. However they said that there not exactly certified for fuel but they have used them for fuel things before. If this stops the leaking i may buy o-rings from a parts store online. In regards to jess hammer- The fuel comes from what i believe is the two fittings and slowly allows a drop to flow down the entire length of the fuel tank till it gets to the end where it falls and makes a pool in the swing arm.

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

You need the o-rings in VITON material to be for fuel.

Aromex

#17 Post by Aromex »

Good news, the New O rings did the trick, i also tightened up the female disconnect on the tank. No more leaking. Thanks everyone!

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

Sweet! I plan on drilling out my disconnects too. My fuel pump is starting to squeal.

kdeal

#19 Post by kdeal »

GREAT! wink.gif

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

I'm bumping this thread again because I finally drilled out my quick connects too. It worked great at first but my fuel pump is still squealing. I'm thinking there might be some cavitation from worn o rings because the pickup looked pretty clean when I had it out. The fuel filter is a new napa gold 3011. The fuel pump had been squealing for a couple rides. Is it possible that the pump itself is worn out? I have another that I could throw on there but I have to get it from my mom's house.