My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondalemaine

#81 Post by cannondalemaine »

Dave Moore racing, he said he would build me anything if I sent him a part for jigs. Well anything as drag components

Sand_Blaster

#82 Post by Sand_Blaster »

He had cdales listed on his website under swing-arms. I asked him how much for a plus 3, he sent me a email back. " We dont make
cannondale parts no more" But anyways glad you got one coming.

cannondalemaine

#83 Post by cannondalemaine »

Well she is together and 95% finished, just looking for Marvin Shaw shocks and a couple other tiny parts. It weighed in at 320 before and now 280lbs. Should be in the 260's with Marvins, will get pics on tonight. As for me I went on a diet and weigh 30lbs less, I forgot what it feels like to weigh 200, when asked why losing weight I laughed and said drag racing season lol! But anyways first race will be May 12th, with the way it launched yesterday in my field my guess will be 4.7 in 300ft. Did we want to make a pool out of this lol closest one to my best time slip of first drag day gets a buck. lol

Btw. My best was 5.28 @ 56mph last year before 495 engine, aluminum axle and weight savings.

cannondale27

#84 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!

cannondalemaine

#85 Post by cannondalemaine »

Here it is, still has a few things left to put on. Waiting on marvin shaw shocks and new front tires since the tire got popped by a nail in the garage (what luck huh lol). Definitely could use a little more grinding and polishing on the frame probly a new radiator too. But i will make due, see how it performs this year and polish up next winter if the frame holds. Will get times and race vids in a couple of weeks, thanks.

cannondalemaine

#86 Post by cannondalemaine »

All that work and still never painted the front shock springs haha unsure.gif

wistech

#87 Post by wistech »

OMG Thats awsome. What are you doing for footpegs. Drilling the stockers or getting titanium ones? Hey I have some extra ti here......

claas900

#88 Post by claas900 »

Nice build. I'd sure like to know the total end weight.

cannondalemaine

#89 Post by cannondalemaine »

As for pegs I have stockers, but nothing cool. On a budget after buying the engine from Neil lol need I say the gf wasn't too impressed but I told her, her side by side will be here soon hahaha. I will post a weight when she is done probably a few weeks. Can't wait for the Mx 207 event this weekend, hopefully she is a runner! Thanks

2000ex

#90 Post by 2000ex »

What about a set of dirtbike pegs? Don't they bolt up and are very light compared to the ATV pegs?