Fuel Pump Alternative?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
zacke22

#11 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Oct 18 2010, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe it or not I have had a few pumps not want to prime up. All I did was give a shot of air into the tank and they took off.

Tried that too...unfortunately still a no go...

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Questions:Are your regulator hoses switched?Does fuel pump if line is removed from pump?

zacke22

#13 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Questions:Are your regulator hoses switched?Does fuel pump if line is removed from pump?

Regulator hoses aren't switched, I've checked and rechecked them numerous times. And if by the "Does fuel pump if line is removed from pump?" question you mean if I have it still have the hose running from the tank to the pump attached with nothing on the outlet attached, then no, it doesn't pump anything through. Fuel will get to the pump but not go through it.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay should have asked that first!Its just so rare to have the stockers fail but its obvious yours has.Sorry.I would still be very confident running another stocker.

zacke22

#15 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 18 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay should have asked that first!Its just so rare to have the stockers fail but its obvious yours has.Sorry.I would still be very confident running another stocker.

Yeah I was kind of surprised myself, after checking everything over and over again that's why I was so convinced it was my tps. But it looks like my fuel pump was just going out gradually. I guess what I just don't understand is why it still sounds like its running? I guess maybe something just clogged up on the inside?

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Ok stupid question .Is the wires hooked up backwards on the pump ? I had to ask. It is possible the check valve on the outlet of the pump is jammed(where blasting them with air pressure pops it back open) . I still have some fuel pumps left from the sale earlier this year.

zacke22

#17 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 18 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok stupid question .Is the wires hooked up backwards on the pump ? I had to ask. It is possible the check valve on the outlet of the pump is jammed(where blasting them with air pressure pops it back open) . I still have some fuel pumps left from the sale earlier this year.

Nope, wires were on right, I wish it would've been that cheap of a fix laugh.gif And Wistech, if you'd send me a paypal invoice to "ze89f" I'll send you the money asap. what's the price on those?

rrc707

#18 Post by rrc707 »

check out walbro fuel pumps, they made the original pumps that came with the 440sx and theyre still in business, i just bought one for my 440,