Possibly Getn an 03 Cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
rider4christ999

#11 Post by rider4christ999 »

i loved these bikes when they came out.....just never was able to afford one an deventually got drawn in to bikes. so now i have the oppurtunity to get one and it may be sitting in my garage tonight! if i do any racing with this bike it may be a few whiplash races but no motocross stuff. and the occasional race up the hill or drags at the dunes!

as for the suspension....up front i think there are new aarms and elka tripple rate shocks. the back is just running the dual rate ohlins. (which im fine with!)
price...doing a trade for my 02 yz250f!
pic....ill post pics this weekend if the trade goes according to plan!

thanks for all the help everyone.....ill post the results of whether i get it or not later tonight or saturday with some pics.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like you are getting a really great deal!A 6year old MX bike is hardly worth anything afterall.Looking forward to pics and Welcome.

rider4christ999

#13 Post by rider4christ999 »

hey everyone i got the bike.....looks great but havent really got to ride it yet. just ran it through the gears and made sure it ran and shifted. cant wait to open it up. pics will be up probably monday? i am to busy to deal with them now.

question......do these bikes take a while to start? i had to charge the battery but it still seems like it took a few cranks for it to start. im gona put a fresh plug and fully charge the battery and then give it a shot. we pushed started it down the street and it started right up.

so yeah....just gonna go through and change the fluids, plug, clean the filter, change the rear brake pads, and i got to figure out if it has an oil leek if so ill be ordering some new gaskets. the normal joys of a used bike! but this friday i will probably take it out for a nice ride and see how it does compared to my buddies 450r. im hoping i dont have any problems with it.....but we shall see. im nervous yet excited. guess i will just see what the cannondale can do!

more info soon to come/pics

iceracer17

#14 Post by iceracer17 »

There is kind of a starting procedure on these.You can't just push the button and hold'er down till she starts when cold.You need to prime the fuel system with a stab or 3 at the starter button then crank it over.
Push starting hasn't been to good to the one way starter bearing.

MyCannibal

#15 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah dont push start it...I would prolly invest in a brand new battery for starters...that way you got 1...and be careful as to what you're charging it with...should be a low amp tender/charger...not yer normal auto charger...does yer fuel pump prime when you turn the quad on er do you have to hit the button?...

rider4christ999

#16 Post by rider4christ999 »

ok no more push starting lol

and i think i figured out how to start it properly thanks to everyones help

so thanks

383astro

#17 Post by 383astro »

Where you from?

rider4christ999

#18 Post by rider4christ999 »

AZ!

hey what is the number on the spark plug for this bike and what tranny/clutch oil/weight should i run. thanks again

Psychosis

#19 Post by Psychosis »

Wow, everyone's around the area. I moved like a few miles from Peoria a few weeks ago. Small world. Use NGK CR9EK's as spark plugs. Oil weight depends on area and conditions but I usually stick w/10w40 and 80 or 85w in tranny. Full synethic Motul and either Bel-Ray or Torco in tranny for me. I've had best shifting/wear results w/Torco probably over every other brand I've tried though for trans.