Possibly Getn an 03 Cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
rider4christ999

#1 Post by rider4christ999 »

hey everyone.....just trying to get some info on the 03's. ive found one that i may be getn this weekend and am wonduring what i need to look for. considering this is my first cannondale......known about them for years just now have the oppurtunity to get one. this one has the 450 kit in it, and a list if aftermarket. were there and problems in this year i need to be concerned about or any things to pay special attn to when i look at it? thanks alot

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Do you know if any updates were done and by whom?

rider4christ999

#3 Post by rider4christ999 »

yes and idk what they were....will find out wed when i call him again. it was done by a shop in arizona. what updates need to be done?

if i can remember correctly he said when he took it in to have the "updates" done he did the 450 kit and whatever else.

now that i think about it....maybe it was blackwidow that did the work. i saw tht name on another post and it sounded right but ill get back to u on it

RonDK

#4 Post by RonDK »

Get a receipt or proof of the motor work. Last thing you want to do is pay for the updates twice.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

If BlackWidow did it you should be good to go.They are in Utah though.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (RonDK @ Feb 21 2007, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a receipt or proof of the motor work. Last thing you want to do is pay for the updates twice.

Good advice!Most engine builders also mark their territory in a obscure way.Call builder for full report.All this is really not relevant though if your getting a really good price.As long as everything is there sky is limit for motor and quadbuilding.Be careful though you may get addicted like most of us biggrin.gif

rider4christ999

#7 Post by rider4christ999 »

alright everyone heres what im probably getn...by the way this will be better then any other quad i may be able to get right now. for instance a 400ex.....im a die hard honda fan but those 400s suck! so mine as well give the dale a shot.

heres a few! things that are done to it....ill list the updates i know first then a few if the many mods

-z400 update
-oil line update
-wisetech decompression mech update
-motor mount/better tray update

timbo terminator 450 motor w/ about 12hrs
head porting by blackwidow
old style bullit crank
hmf exaust
tps sensor
x440/speed mapping
canniboomer 2inch velocity stack
plus bars, skids, 2 sets tires, aluminum parts, etc etc......

it seems like a killer bike to me but im no cannondale expert. despite what people say im probably gonna get it just so i can keep up with the new 450s.

thanks for the replies

RonDK

#8 Post by RonDK »

QUOTE (rider4christ999 @ Feb 22 2007, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it seems like a killer bike to me but im no cannondale expert. despite what people say im probably gonna get it just so i can keep up with the new 450s.

So are you going to be racing it? The one bit of advice about Cannondales is that you have to be devoted and loyal to them. Eventually, everyone is going to run into a problem, whether it is small or big, and you have to just suck it up and try your best to fix it. Too many people are awed by the uniqueness of them and they buy them without having respect for the machine. Then, once something happens, they sell the quad for half of what they bought it for and bad mouth the quad/community. If you do your research and ask plenty of questions, you will love owning a cannondale. The people that support these quads are great and the sponsors have great prices. Don't let any of the horror stories steer you away from them. With members like Dave, C27, and Wistech...problems are a thing of the past. Good luck!

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

You still havent told us the $$$$ or suspension or a pic?

twisted

#10 Post by twisted »

Motor sounds good, should have some good power from that beast. Aslong as the owner did regular oil changes and everything should be good.