My first Cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Chappy

#11 Post by Chappy »

Have you checked the fuel filter. If the bike has been sitting a long time the fuel filter will get clogged. I had the same problem and spent alot of money buying a new fuel pump and a new computer and it just ended up being a clogged fuel filter. Check it before making my mistake. rolleyes.gif

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

You can dissect and clean out that fuel regulator. All you need are circlip pliers to pull out and clean the pod, and some dielectric grease for the O-ring when re-installing it. It's the next thing to check after gutting the return line. Good luck.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Dont forget the screen in tank and check your injector wire connections I bet one isnt firing.When you pinch off the return line and it runs in effect you are raising the fuel pressure to over a 100lbs.So forget about the pump its good and regulatar is very likely fine also.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh and after pinching the return line off be sure to really check over all the hoses the added stress of 100lbs could easily doom the stock hoses if they are old.A fuel pressure guage is cheaper than the regulator or pump and would tell us everything.

gml1998

#15 Post by gml1998 »

Well it still wont start.I've replaced the spark plug with a cr9ek and checked for spark , I have a bright blue white spark.I removed fuel regulator checked and cleaned it and checked fuel pressure it reads just over 43 psi on my gauge.I checked the flywheel the key points to the C in cannondale and I also put motor at TDC and key points straight up.I replaced the battery because I think I ruined the old one trying to get bike started.I looked down throttle body and both injectors seem to be misting fine.I gutted fuel line fittings.I installed a new fuel pump.
It will sometimes start on one injector for a few seconds.It will sometimes start on both injectors if I pinch off fuel return line.
Could it be an injector problem ,or hex code/mapping issue.I do not have D&Mkit yet.
This bike ran long enough to make me want to get it fixed and not part it out.
Thanks for the input. Gary.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

It will sometimes start on one injector for a few seconds.It will sometimes start on both injectors if I pinch off fuel return line.

Must be a plugged injector from what you are saying.Some auto shops can clean them or get a new one.

Blasterboy11

#17 Post by Blasterboy11 »

This might sound stupid but i had a similar problem not too long ago, check your quick disconnect plug at the top of the pump, mine was unclipped and had similar isseus. Keep us updated.

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

I think you should try another coil that works for sure. I had the same thing happen to me almost verbatim. The coil would spark but it wasn't strong enough. Get one that you know is good and try it. Where are you located?

gml1998

#19 Post by gml1998 »

I'm located near Joliet Illinois. about 40 miles southwest of Chicago.

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

I know exactly where Joliet is. My Stepdad's sister and her family used to live in Shorewood and my cousin was a hilltopper. If you were closer, I would loan you mine coil to test. However, there are several forum members that are a lot closer than I. Maybe someone will step up and help you out with a loaner. If someone doesn't post anything, look in the open forum for a sticky thread called "Represent yo hood". It has a link to a map with members from this site. You can see who is close to you and then you might send them a PM explaining your situation. I'm sure someone could help you out.