new battery location

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you out like that. It was a very good and thorough post. I just can't figure it out though. I am not very mechanically inclined and I could figure it out. I guess my point is this; Try to get the battery in and if you can't, follow thedeatons' step by step instructions.

jtracker

#12 Post by jtracker »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jan 8 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using the 515 optimum I believe. Has around 500+ cranking amps the first couple of seconds. As deatons mentioned, do a search as there are soom good posts already that have some good info.

Pete I couldn't find that part number on Optima's site. I need a battery and was going to get the Odyssey PC310 but am interested in the Optima. Could you verify the model? Thanks.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

**** deatons, calm down. Jess just said he hasn't had problems. No one called you liar either. puff puff chill...

As for the off brand batteries...I personally would say stay away from them. Get the YUASA, its more $$ but for good reason. I have seen the off brands go after 1 year while the Yuasa keeps going for 3 or more. Just my 2 cents.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

I am calm, he said sorry, no harm done... I have been getting kicked around on some other forums lately, so this disgruntled me further and I lashed out.... my apologies also.

I said you can use an Optima up above in a previous post, I meant Odyssey.... PC310 still under testing. The allure of the 310 is that it is superlight and the size of a 9...

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (jtracker @ Jan 8 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete I couldn't find that part number on Optima's site. I need a battery and was going to get the Odyssey PC310 but am interested in the Optima. Could you verify the model? Thanks.

Sorry, I mixed the two up. I've been using the Odyssey PC545.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...&hl=odyssey

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...&hl=odyssey

jtracker

#16 Post by jtracker »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jan 9 2008, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

links dont work unsure.gif

claas900

#17 Post by claas900 »

I too would agree with clamping the battery down too tight, or clamping with the post. I've been running the Odyssey PC310 for about 6 months. I don't ride everyday so sometimes the battery with sit for a month or so and it has worked every time I go to start it. I think I've found one that I really can trust now. Watch now I'll go out there now and it will be dead LOL.
Blackgixxer if your really wanting to make things hard and looking for more things to do some people have mounted there battery were the stock air filter use to be,in the ECU tray area. Helps clean it up a bit but would make it harder to get a jump tho.

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

I don't understand why you want to relocate the battery to a higher point on the frame. I know they don't weigh that much but Cannondale had a great idea to put all the heavy stuff in the bottom center of the frame. Its there to balance the quad and to eliminate that top heavy feel. If you move anything, move the fuel pump and regulator first to "clean it up."

NRath

#19 Post by NRath »

I'm with Jess- C'dale put it there for optimal weight distribution. Putting it farther to the front will make it nose heavy. Actually, I think there's a 450 copycat out now! Was it the DS with the battery in the same place?

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah there is another 450 with the battery in the same location. I never understood the batter on the grab bar thing either. That seems like the absolute worst place to put it. Sorry Happyboy.