Trouble with Ignition?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Try a spare coil . If there is water or rust on the outside of the coil they can short out internally.

speedracer

#12 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (motodiseased1 @ Jan 2 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean gutted?
And the bars are anodized, would that inhibit contact with the back of the kill switch?

Is your fuel filterflowing fuel while quad is running?

MX Quad Dad

#13 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Do the ECUs with the old hex codes tend to stall more?

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

What kind of kill switch do you have .

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

If you happen to still have THIS kill switch,...... it's a problem -- or eventually it will be a problem. The early switch is momentary-Off to cut the circuit and stop the machine. But, that switch was abandoned by Cannondale, and changed to the later styles with a distinct ON or OFF position, not momentary. I have the newer switches in stock, with matching ends for the different models/harnesses ($15) if you need. That early version (pictured) has very thin copper membranes inside, in close tension contact, but they can lose that constant contact with certain vibrations or bumps -- to cause instant stalling. And they just get worse over time.

Anyway, it's good to remember that our Run circuit goes through any Ignition switch, any Run-Stop Switch, and any Kill switch en route to the ECU, and that circuit is Normally Closed. If there is ANY power interruption, even for a split-second,...you will stall out.

motodiseased1

#16 Post by motodiseased1 »

Im goin to dig into this thing deep tomorrow, Im planning on just going down the list of suggestions and hopefully I'll find the problem. I do have the newer on off switch tho and have not checked the fuel filter. Nor have i gutted the quick disconnects. I didnt think the fuel filter would be bad since it would run revved pretty high before stalling sometimes and all the other times it will cut out when I'm just putting around...

Thanks every one for being so helpful and taking time to help. If anyone else has suggestions I'm still all ears

speedracer

#17 Post by speedracer »

My speed did the same thing,it just needed a throttle recal.

motodiseased1

#18 Post by motodiseased1 »

What did that throttle recal involve? I was having big time idle problems a day or two before it started this cutting out stuff. It was Idling wayyy high

claas900

#19 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (motodiseased1 @ Jan 2 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did that throttle recal involve? I was having big time idle problems a day or two before it started this cutting out stuff. It was Idling wayyy high

What all is done to your bike motor wise? Sorry if you already said and i missed it. Also where are you out of?

motodiseased1

#20 Post by motodiseased1 »

As far as I know nothing, I just have bought it used from a guy that didnt know how to ride really , and he got it off one of his buddys. It does have some tcs stickers on the shrouds which made me wonder. The only thing I have done to it that would change anything is had the moto map put in by Brad a black widow. Im out of Iowa City, Iowa .