How many Cannondale Quads were made?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

That's it. It's a 2002 Moto frame.

JohnnyBQuick

#12 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Thank you for the info!!!!!!

Johnny

NRath

#13 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Aug 31 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye grasshopper, you still have much to learn.... The VIN number run for Glamis models was only 56, although only 55 were ever dynoed. There were two numbered runs (one for Cali models and one for everyone else). On the Motos there were 182 of the 2002 models and 73 of the 2003 models per the VIN numbers for a total Moto production of 255. Remember there were others floating around that were not numbered as Motos. Like the ones that went to Nac's and a few other racers. But still less than 60 Glamis models and less than 300 Motos worldwide!

LOL!! Yep! Funny part is that it took me 5 minutes of searching to find that. I bet you knew it off the top of your head! However, my counts came off the cal sheets, why is your different? Ahh, a little more looking- some were dyno'ed multiple times. Looks like some had different motors in them the 2nd time around.

JohnnyBQuick

#14 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

dyno'ed

What was the power output when they did this?

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

The power output isn't listed on the tests. Only status info, like oil press, voltage, etc. The power was anywhere from about 35-45 HP stock depending on the model. The Moto & Blaze had better maps and way better exhaust systems. Otherwise the motors were identical.

John,

One question... Has the motor in your quad been updated? I know this is an odd question, but you are really into this and I would hate to see it turn sour by a blown motor. A properly updated motor has a updated crank (w/ a Z-400 rod bearing), loctited bolts on the inside and a few little items that aren't that expensive. If you need help identifing anything let us know.

KDeal

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (NRath @ Sep 1 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL!! Yep! Funny part is that it took me 5 minutes of searching to find that. I bet you knew it off the top of your head! However, my counts came off the cal sheets, why is your different? Ahh, a little more looking- some were dyno'ed multiple times. Looks like some had different motors in them the 2nd time around.

Neil,

Remind me when I see you at the group ride and I will show you what I got.

Ken

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

I think the main reason they were all dyno'ed was to set the flowrate and injector offset and I'm sure to see if there were any mechanical issues with the motor. Judging by swapped motors in a frame, there were a few of those.

The file I was looking at is HERE so you can look for yourself. There's a ton of useful info for you in that collection of files.

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 1 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will show you what I got.

Uhhh, I'll take a pass, but maybe Jess will want to look! wink.gif

kdeal

#19 Post by kdeal »

Those files are not complete. I have gathered my data from 3 different sources and have been sorting it for about 2 years.

Juss

#20 Post by Juss »

Hey guys
Im new to Cannondales.I just got an 03 440.The title says its an 03 and the vin # is 5b6bd31g13b000010
Can anyone let me know what model this is by the vin?The person I got it from told me he sent the engine over to blackwidow ATV and they put a 450 kit in it.So im hoping they also did the Z400 rod bearing and other updates.From what I hear there really good machines after they have the updates.When I got it he told me it stoped running at Pismo and they towed it in and went and got a YFZ450.I changed the fuel filter some fuel lines and vacume lines.It started right up and sounds great.I also have an 04 CR250,but I wanted a quad to with my wife and kids at Pismo.Its has HMF exhaust,AC Nerfbars,tag handle bars, billet clutch,mag and sprocket covers.I was really wanting a TRX250R or later model 400/450.So how does this compare?Thanks for any info you guys can give.