My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

Or you could just buy an entire drag quad. smile.gif

cannondalemaine

#12 Post by cannondalemaine »

Been looking at other quads with wheelie bars and was going to try that before fabricating a swingarm. As for you happy that is a nice quad you have there and would love to own it. But i like to build and make the quads mine (no jabs to you cuz that is a sharp quad). So no body else has any 300ft or 500ft drag time?

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

I raced a guy awhile back who runs @ Bigriver sanddrags with a bigbore Kawi. I took him buy 2 lengths, he says he runs high 4s in 300 ft. I think it would have been more if I could launch better. Going to get my shocks chopped a little to lower the quad a few inches, that combined with the +2 swinger should help.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

Get your shocks lowered would be step 1. Then if its still pulling too hard then I would lengthen the swinger 2-4 inches depending on the power. Mine is +6 putting out 60hp and 72 with nos.

Speed 1B

#15 Post by Speed 1B »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Nov 25 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been looking at other quads with wheelie bars and was going to try that before fabricating a swingarm. As for you happy that is a nice quad you have there and would love to own it. But i like to build and make the quads mine (no jabs to you cuz that is a sharp quad). So no body else has any 300ft or 500ft drag time?

My best time is a 5.7 @ 90 mph in 500 ft. I've ran some 5.2s at another track but I don't trust that time. It's too fast. The 5.7 is totally legit though.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Tip:If wheelying to much slow your rebound in rear and front down.

Speed 1B

#17 Post by Speed 1B »

You need to get the frame about 3-5'' off the ground and the engine cradle and swingarm need to be perfectly level. Thats what ive found anyhow. I run a +4 arm with +3 forward a-arms. Im building a wheelie bar this winter i think...i want to anyhow. Theres alot of science into building a perfect bar (so im told) and i really have no idea what im doing. Ill post pics of what im hoping to build.

cannondalemaine

#18 Post by cannondalemaine »

As far as the power goes my guess is it will be very close to 60hp with the dual exhaust. That is my guess anyhow not sure what tourque would be. Im sure wistech will chime in once the engine is finished. Well i have the regular speed shocks on it with +2 wide +1 forward asr arms right now. How would i lower my shocks? Could i fabricate and weld a new spot on the arms where the shocks mounts to bring the front down? Or should i buy a lowering kit? a 5.7 @ 500 is a great time since that is what my 432 is doing in 300ft haha. Granted it is set up for mx and not in drag.

cannondalemaine

#19 Post by cannondalemaine »

I also have 20-11-9 kenda gecko paddles. I like the hill climbing and sidehills with them but not impressed with the straight line launch. Would skat haulers be my better bet?

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Haulers would be what I would suggest. If you are damn serious then you can get better skat tires than the haulers even. The shocks have to be relengthened, Steve can do that for you I believe. They become dedicated to drag racing but wow they make a huge difference. Do you have a Fox rear shock? You will probobly need a remove rezzy for the duels.