Woods Racing, need to refuel?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
UpsMan

#21 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jul 13 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to videotape what I do to prove myself. If you want a taste then bring yer stuff and let's ride. I have nothing to prove, I know how I ride, and how fast we ride. Cdsracer has a Vapor and he updates us regularly on how fast we are going and how many miles we did in a weekend. Cdsracer and our firefighter friend rode 4th gear wheelies ALL THE WAY DOWN CHOKE CHERRY, and all the way down the bowl at Sand Mt, NV. Don't tell me what I do unless you have seen it and can discredit me. Innocent until proven guilty remember? Woods and trails have nothing on sand riding.

We don't drag race except for maybe two runs, we play follow the leader, which is essentially a sand hare scramble. We break once per hour and let the Dales and riders cool, then we are back at it. You should have been at St. Anthony's man....

A "sand hare scramble". Jesus man. In a hare scramble, the only time you can relax for a second is when there is an open spot and you can actually use 2nd or 3rd gear for a few seconds before you dive back into the woods and start bouncing off trees again. There is no comparison between a harescramble and a trail ride, and to suggest any similarities between sand riding and what goes on in a harescramble is just silly.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Way to go Roger!

Biggest gas consumption must be Ovals or Ice river/lake running.I would put dunes next unless you are running the hill all day then I would put it first.Trails/Cross Country next and Harescrambles as best for gas mileage.Wistech needs to get on those big hills to remember what its like.Anyway among all quads I have ridden with if they kept up they all ran out of gas before the Cannondale.Thats all that really matters.

peterock

#23 Post by peterock »

good job Roger, did you see how you did overall amongst all the classes???

UpsMan

#24 Post by UpsMan »

No, they didn't have it posted that way. It should be like that when they post it on-line. I'm real curious how I did. I only got passed by two a riders, maybe three times, and one of those guys crashed out and I put four laps in after he was sitting there. Those guys are amazing. I can keep up with them where it is semi-open, but in tight woods, those guys are just GONE. I don't know how they do it.

Happyboy

#25 Post by Happyboy »

nice work roger! its always very satisfying to complete a 2 hour race.

thedeatons

#26 Post by thedeatons »

Excellent finish. Nice to hear that you had plenty of gas left.

mornin151

#27 Post by mornin151 »

Ups Man i know that your talkin about, them pro guys are ridonkouls in the tight stuff... ... and they are gone... where was the race at? i dont know what part of the state your in but next year you should head out to Millville motocross track in MN, there is a OMA national there, its alot of fun, good luck!