What's your opinion?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Trouble

#21 Post by Trouble »

unions are a necessary evil if you will.i happen to work in a union shop and though there are pros and cons obviously that go with that,i wouldnt have it any other way.Most companies today think that if a worker is making a decent living and having a good quality of life with decent health care,then they are making too much money,time to out source to China.Its funny Gm has all these plants over seas and they are crying for govt money,i feel its like this,"you want to make cars in China then sell them in China".Dont ask for american $$ to get your foreign operations in order.As far as retiree benefits go,if a worker gives a company 30yrs or more,the least the company should do is take care of their health care,30yrs of loyalty should be worth something.

ACEwrench

#22 Post by ACEwrench »

QUOTE (Trouble @ May 9 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unions are a necessary evil if you will.i happen to work in a union shop and though there are pros and cons obviously that go with that,i wouldnt have it any other way.Most companies today think that if a worker is making a decent living and having a good quality of life with decent health care,then they are making too much money,time to out source to China.Its funny Gm has all these plants over seas and they are crying for govt money,i feel its like this,"you want to make cars in China then sell them in China".Dont ask for american $$ to get your foreign operations in order.As far as retiree benefits go,if a worker gives a company 30yrs or more,the least the company should do is take care of their health care,30yrs of loyalty should be worth something.

ummm...one thing. the worker who worked there for 30 years, made the decision to work there 30 years, objectively speaking. how does the company owe the worker anything? why should i or anyone let someone else decide what my retirement, health care should be or consist of (they are going to go with the cheapest!)? retirement is an income, not an age. If you do work for a company that long chances are you arent in an entry level job anyway, and along with that comes better pay, benies, cuz your worth more to the company.