My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
speedracer

#21 Post by speedracer »

Yes,C-27 can lower your shocks,check the shock doc threads.

2000ex

#22 Post by 2000ex »

You should be in the high 50's horsepower wise depending on cam timing, exhaust and fuel. 60hp is a tough number to hit for anyone. Not sure if anyone else has hit that number (not on the juice) other than Tim's built motors. I think soon we will see a few builders that will hit it other than him.

In drag racing it is not about all out power. Ask Speed1b. I know he regularly spanks bikes that have an easy 20-30hp advantage according to Tim. It is all about setup.

My 495 threw down 56hp on the dyno with just a slip on pipe and people thought I would be disappointed with that number. Not at all, it is a MX bike that I RACE regularly and it is not all about peak numbers for me. The torque and HP under the peak is what I am going for. I know with a full pipe it would have been 2 hp more and with duals it probably would have hit 60. Every little trick needs to be pulled out to get 60hp

cannondalemaine

#23 Post by cannondalemaine »

Ive had my eyes on the haulers for a while but i havent really gotten suggestions from people with how good they work. I did acquire a fox shock for the duals and am getting my gas tank fabricated for the fit also. Well than i will have to get ahold of steve. Oh by the way

cannondalemaine

#24 Post by cannondalemaine »

Yea i was figuring around 57ish with duals and being high compression but we will see i guess. Maybe one day i will go with a big 495. Ive heard all along suspension setup plays a huge roll in it and have been looking into a little bit.

Happyboy

#25 Post by Happyboy »

cough cough 60.

What do you mean your gas tank to fit? The stock tank fits just fine with Duels.

cannondalemaine

#26 Post by cannondalemaine »

When i talked to wistech about it he said there was something he had to do with it for the duals to get the clearance and fit that they needed.

claas900

#27 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Nov 26 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive had my eyes on the haulers for a while but i havent really gotten suggestions from people with how good they work. I did acquire a fox shock for the duals and am getting my gas tank fabricated for the fit also. Well than i will have to get ahold of steve. Oh by the way

21X12X8 7paddle Hauler.You can even go for a 8X7 rim.

Happyboy

#28 Post by Happyboy »

wow, thats too bad. The duels I have fit with the stock tank just fine. I wonder why he is having clearance issues.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Because he is trying to eliminate bends which rob power.Why do same as others when you can possibly get more.

cannondalemaine

#30 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks for all the replies, they have definitely been coming quick.