clutch cover

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
kdeal

#21 Post by kdeal »

The JD bolt motor concept was an afterthought, so I believe that maybe the case. All of mine must be early models. They both have only 7 cartridge plate bolts.

promod

#22 Post by promod »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Aug 26 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The JD bolt motor concept was an afterthought, so I believe that maybe the case. All of mine must be early models. They both have only 7 cartridge plate bolts.

K, On the JD motor as mentioned before that is incomplete and apart it only has 7 cartridge plate bolts!, now the one JD that is still together and never been apart i dont know!, But yet again both the JD and Non-JD MX400 Bike motors i have still carry the same motor numbers! Who really knows in our C'Dale world what was going on? laugh.gif

kdeal

#23 Post by kdeal »

Only the shadow knows!

I am pretty sure there is a engine number break between the two styles. But at this point it is mid-year!

2000ex

#24 Post by 2000ex »

Looks like VIN #12 on the plate there. Early indeed.

MX Quad Dad

#25 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Just wondering, because when Cannondale replaced my frame it came with the same serial number as the old one. and if thier production records show engine serial numbers that were installed in a particular frame, would it have been possible that some newer engines may have older serial numbers if Cannondale was replacing a defective engine with another one that was comming off the line and wasn't numbered yet?