engine rebuild......need a lota fast help

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

the motor is out right??? take the lid off and see.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (o3speed @ Jun 18 2007, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you think the cr500 quad would beat you in the drags? i dont plan on doing motocross much if any. this will be for the dunes and where i live wich is about 200 acres of feild and hills.

If it had right racer and if it got traction and if the 500 could stay in power without wheelying it should beat me.Thats alot of ifs though and is reason a 4st is superior.Those variables are still there but are much less of a concern with a 4stroke.There are lots of open classes in MX,ovals,XC and TT the people running them could run any motor they want.Bigbore 2st is usually cheaper to build than a 4st so why has almost everyone gone to 4strokes?

Happyboy

#33 Post by Happyboy »

Tim's prices are posted. Check em out. prices

jake

#34 Post by jake »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it had right racer and if it got traction and if the 500 could stay in power without wheelying it should beat me.Thats alot of ifs though and is reason a 4st is superior.Those variables are still there but are much less of a concern with a 4stroke.There are lots of open classes in MX,ovals,XC and TT the people running them could run any motor they want.Bigbore 2st is usually cheaper to build than a 4st so why has almost everyone gone to 4strokes?

i think ppl mostly went to 4stroke quads because tey stopped making 2 stroke. My buddy had a 500 suzuiki quad racer with a pipe from the 80's and it would completely blow my cannondale with a pipe away. my cannondale would beat my other friends with modified ds650's and raptors, but would never even touch the suzuiki. i was just wondering if a modern 500 would be even faster.

2000ex

#35 Post by 2000ex »

At one of the last races in the 40+ class a guy rolled to the line on a SWEET Quadzilla 500 and got absolutely SMOKED on the holeshot by the newer breed built 450's....He is a good rider as well...so much for the fastest bike ever built from the factory blink.gif

I was pretty shocked as well. It is definitley true that the 2 strokes FEEL faster...I know I have a showroom stock 1986 ATC 250r. They are a blast to ride, but the new 4 strokes are so far superior.

jake

#36 Post by jake »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jul 11 2007, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At one of the last races in the 40+ class a guy rolled to the line on a SWEET Quadzilla 500 and got absolutely SMOKED on the holeshot by the newer breed built 450's....He is a good rider as well...so much for the fastest bike ever built from the factory blink.gif

I was pretty shocked as well. It is definitley true that the 2 strokes FEEL faster...I know I have a showroom stock 1986 ATC 250r. They are a blast to ride, but the new 4 strokes are so far superior.

how long of a stretch ws it? that really amazes me. right off the line when i raced my friend,we would be just about even. tat lastes for aboutthe first 15-20 feet. after that, he was gone. plus, that was a 20 year old quad. plus, my friends jst had a pipe on it and would start easy every time. And i was talking about a modern 500. beter tecnology and over twice th size as a 250. heck, an 04 kx250 is 56hp. imagine what a 500 could be. i'm thinking of buyng a 03 dale right now with an engine comletely rebuit by timbo but has a falicon crank. it's 468cc. i dontknow if itwas stroked or it has a bigger piston and sleeve. also has open air box from caniboomer. what is tis worth?

jake

#37 Post by jake »

if 4strokes are superior, why dothey race 125 2st bikes with 250 4st bikes?..............they have the same power, but the 2st has half the size. so much for 4 strokes being superior...........i KNOW the new 450's are fast when thy're bilt right. if they wern't, i woulda just bought a raptor. i'm just looking for something cool, good quality,fast, and reliable. i know tats a lot to ask for in a fourwheeler, but i'm doing my reasearch to find something that catgory. even i it takes puting a differant engine in something. how many hours are you getting out of yur race engines? the only quadzilla i've been around needed the top end rebuilt ever about 2 years and bottom about every 4 or 5. i know you probably think 'why dont you just buy a quadzilla?'. it's because i like the quality and looks of the dales and i want sonthing newer with beter technology. But, if the dales a slower and need rebuilt more (and the rebuilds ae harder nd more expensive) which is better? my point is, i want something cool, good quality,fast, and reliable and reall dont cre what engine i use to get it, although iwoul like to use a cannondale fourwheeler.

Happyboy

#38 Post by Happyboy »

2st and 4st are just too different to compare the way you are doing it. Its not about being fastest. 4st give you a great controllable power curve that starts at 4k rpm and will go to the rev limit. 2st don't do that. You have to work more to keep them in the power band. Now, depending on your riding that may or may not be a problem. Dune riding you can play at a certain RPM all the time. Woods racing, not so much. MX? Eh, i would have to give it to the 4st there as well. So, just look at what you are going to be using it for and go from there.

IMHO, 2st are out of date. They are fun to ride for about 30 minutes, then just give me the power of a 4st. But, thats just me. I have a buddy that wouldn't own a 4st...then again, he only rides in the dunes.

As for why they race 125cc 2st vs 250cc 4st...come on. The 2st will win in a power contest all the time. The key is you must be in the power band. And on most 2st that is a pretty narrow band compared to the 4st. If you want max hp...get a banshee...

jake

#39 Post by jake »

well, fixed my problems............i bought an 03' dale with an engine rebuilt by timbomoose. i'm gonna put my plastics on it and use most of my old parts because like i said, it had very few hours. when i get it done i'll post some pics 4 ya.