My drag bike build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondalemaine

#51 Post by cannondalemaine »

Oh yea i believe i bought it for $450 on ebay. They have a nice NX express pirahna system that goes up to 60 hp i should of bought but i didnt. That system is like $525

speedracer

#52 Post by speedracer »

Thanks for the info.

cannondalemaine

#53 Post by cannondalemaine »

Finally here she is with her old wardrobe, i have my hood and other plastic but dont want to put it on yet until spring. Also have new rims and haulers for it. Definitely goes pretty good, put on my ice tires and no one with a wheeler on the lake could touch it the other day.

NRath

#54 Post by NRath »

That looks awesome- Good Job!! It's so cool that the bottle is tucked under the hood.

I'm thinking you should ditch the heavy Moto arms and go with Cannibal lowers, cut the plate off the bottom of them, then make some aluminum uppers. Mydreamride may be able to hook you up with those. You'd have to rework the shock point, too, but it would save some weight and maybe fund some other part of the project. You could lose the cross bar on the handlebars, those bars are super stiff, I would guarantee you won't bend them in drag racing. And go to some cheap-o ITP 120's for wheels or at least the stock wheels. Have you got the front tires pumped up to about 15 psi? Less resistance...

Just my thoughts on some next steps.

cannondalemaine

#55 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments. I have a set of stock speed arms up stairs i was going to put on and put these arms on my other cannondale soon. Yea ill go out and take that handle bar cross piece off right now lol. I have a full set of douglas .125's with double buffed haulers and smooth front but havent put them on i like how they are only 12 lbs tire and rim thats real light i think and it should love turning the tires lol. I know i should probly put back on my stock axle instead of this moto axle that should save a little bit to, im just a little lazy right now.

NRath

#56 Post by NRath »

Well, you know if you remove that 6 oz crossbar, you'll be untouchable!

Looking at the pics it hit me, that looks like a swinger that Mydreamride made. He does some nice work.

cannondalemaine

#57 Post by cannondalemaine »

Yea Mike did a wicked good job on it. Yea that bar creates alot of resistance with the wind, to ill be more aerodynamic haha.

Happyboy

#58 Post by Happyboy »

Did you get the rear shock reworked or did the mount get moved? Adjusting the stock shocks isn't too hard and I bet steve can do it for you. Its adjusting the internal stop and putting on some sag springs. to eat up the extra play.

speedracer

#59 Post by speedracer »

Looks great!Did C-27 chop your shocks?

wistech

#60 Post by wistech »

One thing I did not realize is I bet you could relocate the muffler hangers so they are in front of the FMF decals . I wanted to keep the duals using the stock mounting locations like all the other but I guess its up to you if you ar emotivated. I wont mind.