Bleeding hydro clutch

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
sillysspeed

Bleeding hydro clutch

#1 Post by sillysspeed »

Hi fellas, Anybody got some good tips or instructions on bleeding? I;ve got the magura kit for KTM;s but thats isn't working. Tried a few other things with no luck. Thanks

BigRob

#2 Post by BigRob »

The way I do it is to remove the master cylinder cover and use a syringe with a piece of tubing attached to it and fill the syringe with fluid. loosen the bleeder, attach the syringe with tubing to the bleeder and inject the fluid slowly into the system, then tighten the bleeder.

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

you can also remove the slave cylinder , loosen the bleeder , and the resevoir cover (make sure it is full) , ad depress the slave cylinder till only fluid comes out then tighten the bleeder and release the slave cylinder.

duwax

#4 Post by duwax »

Bleeding you say! Umm. Well OK. Matilda and I had a bad experience when chasing a herd of giraffes next to the Matznak Falls. Her brakes failed and we were subjected to the elements that day. Lucky enough, we had our Magura manual with us, and some Johnsons baby oil in our fanny packs. We bled in a south to north direction using two syringes until the air bubbles had migrated into the atmossphere. Talking of which, those beautiful flamingos are about to depart from Sandwhich Harbour on their desintion nothwards. What a sight, what I sight I say to you.

Well all the best then chums, and please don't forget to change the tranny oil regularly...and oh...don't forget to inspect for debris in the wasted oil as well...darned scavenge pump...drat!!!

Best regards now,

Brendal.

BigJosh

#5 Post by BigJosh »

Yea what he said.......

duwax

#6 Post by duwax »

QUOTE (BigJosh @ Apr 7 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea what he said.......

I recall pater informing us that he knew a Welsh coal miner calld Big Josh who could carry a hefty load of the black gold on his back. Sadly, he has very little betwen the ears though.

Well I must share a success story with you Americans. a stoal of friends from the Kenya Universitas and I developed an oil lubricant from cow dung and bus tickets. and I might add that Matilda's and my Cannondale quad bike machines operate awfully well using this new formula. Sadly, Matilda complains regularly that the smell at the mid to upper rev range leaves much to be desired. So it's back to the drawing board for us chaps.

Oh, do remember to prime the fuel pump prior to firing up your four wheeled American fuel injected beast. If only we had these machines in The Battle of Britain now. Would have shot the cud out of those cretins who tried to invade our island, what.

Best regards now,

Brendal

hawksd1

#7 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (brendal duwax @ Apr 8 2006, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recall pater informing us that he knew a Welsh coal miner calld Big Josh who could carry a hefty load of the black gold on his back. Sadly, he has very little betwen the ears though.

Well I must share a success story with you Americans. a stoal of friends from the Kenya Universitas and I developed an oil lubricant from cow dung and bus tickets. and I might add that Matilda's and my Cannondale quad bike machines operate awfully well using this new formula. Sadly, Matilda complains regularly that the smell at the mid to upper rev range leaves much to be desired. So it's back to the drawing board for us chaps.

Oh, do remember to prime the fuel pump prior to firing up your four wheeled American fuel injected beast. If only we had these machines in The Battle of Britain now. Would have shot the cud out of those cretins who tried to invade our island, what.

Best regards now,

Brendal

Good god chap arent we flowery with the witicisms...cheery-o then...dude