Scavenge pump rotor edges scuffed

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
duwax

#1 Post by duwax »

Hello there,

I'm the new chap. Greetings to you all American citizens. Ah well, recently I stripped my SPEED's motor to clean out the debris in the scavenge pump and monitored the fact that the tips (edges) of the outer rotor were rather badly scuffed. In fact dare I say, the shaft would not easily rotate if I attempted to turn it with my bare fingers, what!!! I subsequently acquired a quota of emory paper and very carefully, and methodically I might say, smoothed off the edges of the rotor until it rotated smoothy within it's oil cavity. If I have perhaps taken off more than what is expected, could the oil pressure perhaps be affected? By this I mean, what if this rotor is fitting a tad too loose within the oil chamber cavity. Unfortunately. I am rather far from you American chaps so spare parts are somewhat of a scarcity in my region. I would be really chuffed if some of you fine folk might take some time off to respond, as Matilda my wife will burden me with domestic chores on the weekend. Can't have that you know, as we English folk believe that they should be kept bare footed and pregnant in the kitchen at all times. OK, well tally-ho then for the time being.

Best regards,

Brendal.

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

WOW , I really enjoyed reading that. I don't think youll have a problem with your oil pump unless you have a lot of play in it all reassembled. I might need you to call me and sing one of the songs in robin hood - men in tights , thanks

duwax

#3 Post by duwax »

My good fellow AZ CANNON, are you perhaps taking the mickey out of me?

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

I really enjoy english shows ( americanized ) Dr.Who and Space Travelers guide to the Galaxy the humor is dry and its also refreshing I don't think the english could make an American Pie style movie
After All England is the Honky (cracker) Motherland

duwax

#5 Post by duwax »

Now hear me kind sir! We have SIR Mick Jagger who wrote HONKY Tonk woman and SIR Elton John who did HONKY Cat and just beacause we take high tea at fourish doesn't make us a nation of frollicking daisies what. We have our Queen and Charles to look up to, and we are jolly proud of our tradtions you hear.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Now this is some good stuff!

Your oil pump should be fine.

hawksd1

#7 Post by hawksd1 »

Dude they just want to hear ya talk. Some funny stuff though

azcannon

#8 Post by azcannon »

I just want him to call me and ask me if I want one lump or two

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »